| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
The 3DO will be waiting even longer because the wife decided she wants a DS while at Gamestop. So that'll be my next purchase. I'll also need to figure out what game she wanted. Something with Liv Tyler in the commercial and the game was those puzzles where you find hidden things inside a picture like in Highlights magazine. Bleh...
|
I hear ya, Ten. If it's any consolation, I have a played-only-once copy of MySims for Wii in my game cabinet, thanks to the Mrs. To her credit, she did recognize its utter suck-tivity (pretty sure that's a real word) after only one time playing it. But now all it's good for is a few bucks trade-in value on my next game purchase. Sigh...
|
|
|
01-17-2009, 10:17 AM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
I'm going to deviate from your criteria a bit Tenser, as Wii completely and utterly sucks online. There is essentially nothing on Wii worth playing online if you don't like fighting, sports, or FPS games.
Here are a few games that I myself like to play on my Wii:
Wario Ware, Inc.: Not a Mario game at all, but it's own thing. It really utilizes the Wiimote to the fullest.
Trauma Center: Not for everyone, but I find it fun to play.
Wii Play: Kind of a fun little collection of games.
Again Tenser, sorry man, but Wii really has nothing good to offer in the online category. Of my Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii the only one I really go online with at all is the 360.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-17-2009, 10:41 AM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Today I'm off to buy a stack of points and build my VC library. After that, maybe Mario Party 8 and the wife wants that dancing game with the mat.
Its cool having a system we'll both play again. Last system we did a lot of gaming together on was the N64.
|
My Signature |
|
01-17-2009, 10:49 AM
|
#30
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Sweet. Have fun with that.
I think that the strength of the Wii is playing together as opposed to online any way. I have a bunch of party games like Mario Party, The Carnival games, Wii Sports, brain challenge games etc. and I find that these are the most fun to play. Wii really can bring people together to play. I have even had games where I have gotten my girlfriend, my 60-year-old mom, sisters, brother, and friends all playing together. It's kind of a weird thing to have a bunch of nongamers turned on to games because of te Wii. It's pretty sweet!
Enjoy those VC points!
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-18-2009, 05:35 AM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Tenser don't get annoyed with Mario Kart to quickly. The singleplayer isn't that fun because the npc drivers cheat like it's going out of style. Online play is much better.
Also if you're like me and can only play racing games on a controller then you should use a GC one. The wheel is wierd and I didn't want to buy a classic controller. Gamecube is still awesome.
Also you're getting a 3DO eventually? How much and from where? There's some cool games on that system.
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2009, 06:11 AM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
I've grown accustomed to the wheel even though I do have a Classic Controller.
I was in the market for a 3DO (FZ-10) but ran into some extra cash from a year end work bonus. So I dropped nearly $500 on the Wii and I'm saving the rest to take the wife to the casino on V-Day. So my next line of purchases are as such:
1. Mario Party 8 & DDR Dance Party 2 + mat
2. DS + a couple of games
3. Pan 3DO FZ-10
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2009, 06:52 AM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
What games are you getting for the 3DO? Are you getting it off Ebay or something like that?
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2009, 07:18 AM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
What games are you getting for the 3DO? Are you getting it off Ebay or something like that?
|
I'll probaby buy it off of amazon.com
As for games, I'll d/l and burn the entire library after I buy one while I'm waiting on the delivery.
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2009, 08:50 AM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
I've grown accustomed to the wheel even though I do have a Classic Controller.
I was in the market for a 3DO (FZ-10) but ran into some extra cash from a year end work bonus. So I dropped nearly $500 on the Wii and I'm saving the rest to take the wife to the casino on V-Day. So my next line of purchases are as such:
1. Mario Party 8 & DDR Dance Party 2 + mat
2. DS + a couple of games
3. Pan 3DO FZ-10
|
don't get mario party 8, I played with my friends, and the mini-games are all bland and boring.
|
My Signature |
|
01-18-2009, 08:15 PM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Tenser now I wanna buy a 3DO. I really wanna play Star Control again, you ever heard of it? Awesome game.
|
My Signature |
|
01-19-2009, 07:45 PM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Tenser now I wanna buy a 3DO. I really wanna play Star Control again, you ever heard of it? Awesome game.
|
The 3DO was a great system. Among others, I really loved Jurassic Park on the 3DO.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Dammit, Tenser. Now I want to get a 3DO as well.
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Yeah, the fact that the 3DO console will play 3DO games burned onto CDRs and it has no regional lockout make it a cheap and easy boost to any collection.
3DO has great adventure/strategy and survival horror games.
|
My Signature |
|
01-19-2009, 08:57 PM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Wow, everyone wants to be like Tenser now. :P So just to be different I will say Tenser now I don't want a 3DO. ;D
|
|
|
01-20-2009, 02:14 AM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Wow, everyone wants to be like Tenser now. :P So just to be different I will say Tenser now I don't want a 3DO. ;D
|
You were asking about the system earlier over Google chat though.
|
My Signature |
|
01-20-2009, 02:15 AM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Wow, everyone wants to be like Tenser now. :P So just to be different I will say Tenser now I don't want a 3DO. ;D
|
You were asking about the system earlier over Google chat though.
|
Yes I understand that, I was just trying to be different there. You talked me into the better version then the one that I was thinking of.
|
|
|
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
|
#43
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by count100
Wow, everyone wants to be like Tenser now. :P So just to be different I will say Tenser now I don't want a 3DO. ;D
|
You were asking about the system earlier over Google chat though.
|
Yes I understand that, I was just trying to be different there. You talked me into the better version then the one that I was thinking of.
|
I want a CDI so I can play the awful Zelda games. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
|
#44
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
try endless blue. it takes a bit to get into, but it is addictingly fun.
|
My Signature |
|
This spoiler contains ponies.
01-25-2009, 12:55 PM
|
#45
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
here is a suggestion plain and simple, wii shop, so you can get virtual console games ;D
|
|
|
01-25-2009, 07:53 PM
|
#46
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Also download the everybody votes and check mii out channels, they're not really games but they're fun anyway. They're free, so try them out.
|
My Signature |
|
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
|
#47
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
I only have the everybody votes channel now, check mii out was all american based really, like people from the us, you had to create 
|
|
|
01-26-2009, 09:57 PM
|
#48
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
I would say; Super Mario Galaxy, Naruto Clash of Ninja:Revolution 2, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess(very good game)
|
My Signature |
|
01-26-2009, 10:06 PM
|
#49
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by SSBBrawler
Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess(very good game)
|
Got that one, just started playing it today. All's good except I'm not a fan of the wolf.
|
My Signature |
|
01-27-2009, 09:32 PM
|
#50
|
|
|
Re: Recommend me a Wii game
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tenser
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by SSBBrawler
Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess(very good game)
|
Got that one, just started playing it today. All's good except I'm not a fan of the wolf.
|
I agree with you there, after getting rid of the Twilight, you can turn to Wolf Link and Normal Link whenever you want. You can also warp anywhere, but you'll be automatically transformed into a wolf. Plus, the wolf is required to get new Hidden Skills.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.
|