| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
11-06-2008, 10:17 PM
|
#26
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I stand by what I said, Tails(the character) is terrible!
|

|
I know how you feel about Tails, besides you saying it your name is pretty obvious. It shouldn't bother you if I hate him, everyones entitled to thier own opinions. You can just tell yourself how wrong I am if it makes you feel better.
 right back at you.
|
Well I hate that guy in your avatar so ha! 
|
That's fine. Fred Astaire is a legend. Tails is a lame little femboy. You're entitled to your opinion.
|
My Signature |
|
11-06-2008, 10:59 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I stand by what I said, Tails(the character) is terrible!
|

|
I know how you feel about Tails, besides you saying it your name is pretty obvious. It shouldn't bother you if I hate him, everyones entitled to thier own opinions. You can just tell yourself how wrong I am if it makes you feel better.
 right back at you.
|
Well I hate that guy in your avatar so ha! 
|
That's fine. Fred Astaire is a legend. Tails is a lame little femboy. You're entitled to your opinion.
|
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
|
|
11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I stand by what I said, Tails(the character) is terrible!
|

|
I know how you feel about Tails, besides you saying it your name is pretty obvious. It shouldn't bother you if I hate him, everyones entitled to thier own opinions. You can just tell yourself how wrong I am if it makes you feel better.
 right back at you.
|
Well I hate that guy in your avatar so ha! 
|
That's fine. Fred Astaire is a legend. Tails is a lame little femboy. You're entitled to your opinion.
|
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
My Signature |
|
11-06-2008, 11:32 PM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
good... i think... I'm i allowed to do that  whats your opinion on the topic (that we've strayed from)?
|
|
|
11-06-2008, 11:54 PM
|
#30
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
good... i think... I'm i allowed to do that  whats your opinion on the topic (that we've strayed from)?
|
Uh, I already said what I think on the first page. I even mentioned you in my post.
Quote:
|
Gamefreak is right, they won't be making another system. Maybe in a few years but with the poor sales of the last couple systems I don't see them taking such a big risk again.
|
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
good... i think... I'm i allowed to do that  whats your opinion on the topic (that we've strayed from)?
|
Uh, I already said what I think on the first page. I even mentioned you in my post.
Quote:
|
Gamefreak is right, they won't be making another system. Maybe in a few years but with the poor sales of the last couple systems I don't see them taking such a big risk again.
|
|
but we said they wouldn't wasn't the question should they?
|
|
|
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
good... i think... I'm i allowed to do that  whats your opinion on the topic (that we've strayed from)?
|
Uh, I already said what I think on the first page. I even mentioned you in my post.
Quote:
|
Gamefreak is right, they won't be making another system. Maybe in a few years but with the poor sales of the last couple systems I don't see them taking such a big risk again.
|
|
but we said they wouldn't wasn't the question should they?
|
Well if that's the question then, No, I don't think they should. Maybe wait a year or two and see if Sony goes belly up in the game industry(fingers crossed). Then they can come back and fill the void. They do have name recognition and brand loyalty. I'd be interested in what they come up with.
But, I really see them jumping on board with Nintendo, if those two names can get together and put out some good games soon Wii might take off again.
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 01:52 AM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gamefreak100200
Mr. Dudebro can i be entitled to your opinion too. ;D
|
You want my opinion? Sure, I think everyone should agree with me anyways.
|
good... i think... I'm i allowed to do that  whats your opinion on the topic (that we've strayed from)?
|
Uh, I already said what I think on the first page. I even mentioned you in my post.
Quote:
|
Gamefreak is right, they won't be making another system. Maybe in a few years but with the poor sales of the last couple systems I don't see them taking such a big risk again.
|
|
but we said they wouldn't wasn't the question should they?
|
Well if that's the question then, No, I don't think they should. Maybe wait a year or two and see if Sony goes belly up in the game industry(fingers crossed). Then they can come back and fill the void. They do have name recognition and brand loyalty. I'd be interested in what they come up with.
But, I really see them jumping on board with Nintendo, if those two names can get together and put out some good games soon Wii might take off again.
|
Yeah
Segendo
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 07:01 AM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
No, not Sony! I have a ps3!
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by laserboy1134
No, not Sony! I have a ps3!
|
really you must be a millionaire to afford it. you can buy a wii and 360 together cheaper then a ps3.
i think we need a hero and could be it.
|
|
|
11-07-2008, 10:22 AM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
We've been talking about this a lot on everyvideogame.com as someone speculated a new Sega system for 2011.
I'll just quote myself from over there.
Quote:
The problem with Sega is that all three of its would-be competitors have more money than God. Both the Playstation and Xbox have major corporations backing them and Nintendo has made so much money off of their mascots that they can laugh off failures like the Virtual Boy.
Sega would be FORCED to come in at the very least second in the handheld wars. The next generation of handhelds is guaranteed to see a handheld from Nintendo because they own that market and most likely also will have to compete with an already established Sony market. There's also the chance that they would also have to compete against Microsoft and possibly Apple.
The fact is, the handheld market is even harder to profit in than the console market. If Sega joined the fray, that would be the end of the company completely.
|
Quote:
Expect the next iPhone to be even more gamer friendly and have a fair amount of third party support.
I wouldn't expect much from this generation of iPhone but Apple has money to burn on development and people are going to buy their product for the cell phone and mp3 player anyways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6WX7XGcRhk
|
Quote:
You don't get it Cam, no matter how fun the Dreamcast is, it failed. The company lost tons and tons of money on it and that's what matters.
Sega will not come out with a new console. If they do, it will more than likely fail. Its much more practical for them to produce software for other consoles while letting them take the majority of the risk.
Revolutionary hardware doesn't promise a profit. Virtual Boy is an easy one to point out. Turbo Grafix-16 is another example.
|
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 03:28 PM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
I agree with all of that, except it wasn't just the Dreamcast that made Sega fail. They were already in the whole when the Dreamcast came out because of all their 32X, Sega CD, Sega Saturn ridiculousness.
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
See, what they should have done is not taken a crap on the sega saturn! but a sega handheld might do well to get them on their feet, even though there is a lot of competition, because apple isn't a very hard to beat opponent.
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 06:25 PM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by laserboy1134
a sega handheld might do well to get them on their feet, even though there is a lot of competition, because apple isn't a very hard to beat opponent.
|
I thought Tenser's post did a pretty good job of explaining why that is not a good idea.
I have little doubt that is Sega made a new console I would love it. But that doesn't mean it is a good idea.
|
My Signature |
|
TMT Raps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
|

11-07-2008, 06:46 PM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Economically speaking, the majority of consoles fail.
See the problem is, after the whole Game Gear/Sega-CD/Nomad/32X/Saturn/Dreamcast streak of economic failure Sega entered into a very large amount of debt. Hell, I would guess Sega is probably still waist deep in debt. They are however, turning a tidy profit from their software and are slowly paying off their debt.
Now creating a system, be it console or handheld requires massive amounts of money. Research, development, marketing, production, etc... Sega doesn't have the money to create a new console. And after its last six, yes six systems were profit disasters, no one is going to lend an already in debt company money to produce a new system that they already have a track record of taking substantial losses in for a gaming market that's already extremely competitive.
|
My Signature |
|
11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
sega should absolutly not make a new system :P
but they hould keep putting there games on other systems but personally i think they need to let the whole sonic thing die like the new sonic games thats comming out it is total crude 
|
|
|
11-08-2008, 11:51 PM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: Sega should make a new system
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by DOCTORSTUPID
sega should absolutly not make a new system :P
but they hould keep putting there games on other systems but personally i think they need to let the whole sonic thing die like the new sonic games thats comming out it is total crude 
|
Amen to that, Doc.
|
My Signature |
|
"Witness the true art of war... or something to that effect".<br />- Shingen Takeda<br /> Samurai Warriors
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.
|