Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #26
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Are you sure? I thought it was users who have played and not completed it vs. users who have completed it.
Yeah. You can find the total number of unique players for a course next to the star rating in the expanded view of the course.

For example, in my stage Magikoopas on an Airship, 19 different players have tried the course. However, the clear rate is 8/62, meaning that there has been 8 clears over 62 attempts by these 19 people.



Really, it isn't deaths/attempts as much as it's clears/attempts.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 09-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #27
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Ahah, gotcha.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 09-30-2015, 10:33 PM   #28
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

Since my Authentic-Style SMB3 Level did so well, I did it again, this time with Super Mario World.

Name: Authentic-Style SMW Level
Course ID: 23F1-0000-0080-80FF
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 09-30-2015, 10:55 PM   #29
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

I'm really enjoying making my levels detailed. Trying to actually set a progressive theme up through my course bot. First 3 levels will be NSMBU Undergound Pipe themed, and the end castle obviously. About as far as I've got with that thought. SMW-style is just something I associate with romhacks, and it's my favourite look. Once I unlock that, I think you'll see a lot more SMW from me.

Disappointed however in... LIMITATIONS... Damn it! I like to add great detail and polish to these, even if it just means making roofs and pipes that are just aesthetic for the level. However I've been stopped from using land tiles now in my 3rd level, with only two-thirds of it roofed. Minor complaint, the limitations are pretty high, but dang that was slightly disappointing. I'll make it work.

Tried Steven's level, and the Kaizo nick one. I actually livestreamed them, but the audio screwed up from my skype, so it was basically me talking to myself as the others weren't heard.

Steven - I liked it, a lot of confusing and seemingly impassible segments? Perhaps intentional. Overall I liked the amount of detail in the level though.

Nick - Definition of a Kaizo level. I find these sadistic levels oddly fun now and then. I gave it a good several-dozen attempts and got as far as where the stars ran out with the bullet bills. Not bad.

Edit: Sidenote. I love that a lot of Mario Paint icons and themes are back. Especially Coursebot being this rendition of the save robot. When you think about it, this really is this generations Mario Paint. A sandbox game to just create with.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 09-30-2015 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #30
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

Disregard the first code for the Authentic-Style SMW Level, I realized that I had forgotten something that would prevent players from getting stuck.

New course ID: C1FC-0000-0080-8E3A

@Japandering: I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you download 4 levels and place them in the same "world" in Coursebot, you can play those levels in order like a normal Mario game, with lives carrying over and everything. This game has a ton of hidden secrets in it, too.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 09-30-2015, 11:40 PM   #31
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
New course ID: C1FC-0000-0080-8E3A

@Japandering: I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you download 4 levels and place them in the same "world" in Coursebot, you can play those levels in order like a normal Mario game, with lives carrying over and everything. This game has a ton of hidden secrets in it, too.
that's perfect, Zed. That's kind of the way I was looking at it. I'll shuffle em all around and build what I choose, but arrange them eventually in a sensible order. For right now, The Underground NSMBU is the favourite theme that I have. This'll either be world 1 or 2. Not sure.

Speaking of unlocking. I'm kind of letting it go at it's natural pace, but for future reference you can edit a course for 5 minutes, then edit your WiiU's system date ahead a day to speed up the process. I may have exploited this a few times, but still easing into it.

Level 3 is done. Let me know if the difficulty is scaling alright, also let me know if the last third of the level feels too empty aesthetically. Naturally, there is a few secrets in this one again, though none of them are for springboard access this time.

Chasm Chaos: F6CB-0000-0080-9167

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Right. Forgot Chris' Levels:

Hailing Hammers - Very Nice, especially for a first level. Slightly extreme, but meh. Mario aint hard at this point.

Authentic Mario 3 - Very nice as well. Better than Hammers for sure. Favourited

Authentic SMW - Same thing here. Feels a bit on the difficult side for some perhaps, but no biggie here. Note that your secret to the 1-up room is accessible through both pipes.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:53 PM   #32
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

Chasm Choas is pretty fun. I seemed to have a little more difficulty with the beginning of the course rather than the end, but I think that mostly due to me getting used to the NSMBU style. For some reason, NSMBU feels a lot more floaty than the other styles, so it tends to mess me up a little bit. As for the end of the level, I was too busy evading Bullet Bills and dealing with respawning enemies to really notice any lack of aesthetics.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japandering View Post
Note that your secret to the 1-up room is accessible through both pipes.
I know. It's not really a big deal, I didn't want to create another pipe and I couldn't really block off access to the pipe without trapping the player in the bonus room.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-01-2015, 02:56 AM   #33
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Not sure if you are aware Zed, but the player can jump the gaps between the islands in Beyond The Vanilla Dome. Personally I like it that way, since the 2nd Bowser battle was pissing me off. Found the hidden flower, still takes too many hits and I get sloppy.

Good levels Cam, thought the difficulty ramped up nicely, a few questionable choices though... Why the secret propeller hat? Seems like it was rewarding to find, and then turned out to be pretty useless. Unless I'm missing something.

Kaizo Nick was a 1 death nope for me, way too brutal.

It's not easy bouncing around from the different physics of the different games, but really fascinating to be to compare them against one another. It's funny but for me, the SMB 1 physics are the tightest, and most enjoyable, and to be frank the best. Furthermore, I've come to realize that I hate the SMB 3 physics.

SMB 1 > SMW > NSMB > SMB 3

I started up a new level tonight, I can't help but try to make these things into adventure games, lol. Any semblance to a legit Mario level goes out the window.

And my god there are a damn boatload of shit levels out there, if I see one more goddamn level that plays by itself I'm gonna put my fist through my gamepad. The first one was neat, the second won was not. And what's with all these stupid nubs who's little pea sized minds can only come up with designs focusing around MORE ENEMIES!!!! Although there is also a ton of awesome stuff, a lot of well thought out creative levels that definitely make the shit levels worthwhile.

Last edited by Slime Slayer; 10-01-2015 at 03:07 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-01-2015, 09:03 AM   #34
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

I've played levels that require the player to hold right before the level even starts up. That's some Action 52 level shit there. However, quite a few of these levels are being made by children who don't know any better. As such, there will probably always be mostly shit levels. This is why I tend to avoid 100 Mario Challenge these days, since there's no way of filtering the bad levels out.

Another thing I've noticed is that the worst levels are almost always in the New Super Mario Bros. U style. I mean, it does make sense, it's the style that the young kids are most familiar with, and it's available from the start, so a lot of them are first or second attempts. Because of this(and the fact that the physics annoy me) I mostly avoid NSMBU stages unless I know the person making them(like Cam and Nick). Right now, I have a strong preference for the Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World styles, and I don't think that's going to change.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #35
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Good levels Cam, thought the difficulty ramped up nicely, a few questionable choices though... Why the secret propeller hat? Seems like it was rewarding to find, and then turned out to be pretty useless. Unless I'm missing something.
Yeah. I noticed that too. Something I may tweak, but is probably to late to just replace in the upload? Like it'll be new upload if so? Still, either way I'll probably fix it. I had actually planned for it to be a pikachu (only amiibo I have), but apparently those only work in SMB1 oddly enough. It went to a propeller suit with the NSMBU look and I just worked around that. If you can make it out of the next piranha plant segment, you can propeller up to a bit of a shortcut on the top of the level (This was also put in place to delete some land tiles lol. I'm not sure I should fix this. Not sure how many will find it, but hey, it has a purpose. Thoughts?

Quote:
Chasm Choas is pretty fun. I seemed to have a little more difficulty with the beginning of the course rather than the end, but I think that mostly due to me getting used to the NSMBU style. For some reason, NSMBU feels a lot more floaty than the other styles, so it tends to mess me up a little bit. As for the end of the level, I was too busy evading Bullet Bills and dealing with respawning enemies to really notice any lack of aesthetics.
Yeah, it's definitely one interesting thing with this game, is the differing styles. I'm actually finding I get used to them in a snap personally depending on which one I'm playing. Only difference is I become too reliant on the mid-air spin in NSMBU as a jump modifier that I go to use it when I switch styles, and usually subsequently die and then remember I can't spin from there on.

Quote:
It's not easy bouncing around from the different physics of the different games, but really fascinating to be to compare them against one another. It's funny but for me, the SMB 1 physics are the tightest, and most enjoyable, and to be frank the best. Furthermore, I've come to realize that I hate the SMB 3 physics.

SMB 1 > SMW > NSMB > SMB 3
Interesting. while in terms of the actual games themselves, I've always found SMB1 to be my least favourite. Feels stiffer, screen doesn't scroll, and damn springboards. Not like I didn't grow up with SMB1 either, I just tended to favour 3 on our All-stars pack, until I got older, and just learned to adapt to the slightly more primitive controls. I have to mention this is a mild preference however. I always just get used to what I'm playing, but yeah. A lot of this seems to be fixed in Mario Maker, at least the screen scrolling does. My kryptonite is still springboards though. When do you press jump? It's apparently wildly different from when you jump in other games.

For me:

SMW > NSMBU/SMB3 > SMB1 I really just enjoy them all to a similar degree though.

Quote:
And my god there are a damn boatload of shit levels out there, if I see one more goddamn level that plays by itself I'm gonna put my fist through my gamepad. The first one was neat, the second won was not. And what's with all these stupid nubs who's little pea sized minds can only come up with designs focusing around MORE ENEMIES!!!! Although there is also a ton of awesome stuff, a lot of well thought out creative levels that definitely make the shit levels worthwhile.
Quote:
I've played levels that require the player to hold right before the level even starts up. That's some Action 52 level shit there. However, quite a few of these levels are being made by children who don't know any better. As such, there will probably always be mostly shit levels. This is why I tend to avoid 100 Mario Challenge these days, since there's no way of filtering the bad levels out.

Another thing I've noticed is that the worst levels are almost always in the New Super Mario Bros. U style. I mean, it does make sense, it's the style that the young kids are most familiar with, and it's available from the start, so a lot of them are first or second attempts. Because of this(and the fact that the physics annoy me) I mostly avoid NSMBU stages unless I know the person making them(like Cam and Nick). Right now, I have a strong preference for the Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World styles, and I don't think that's going to change.
Yeeeeeep! I think I need to retract my comments about good level optimization on the course world. I'm glad it's not just famous youtubers at the top of the lists, and you can find regular joe's levels in a random sense, but it does need to be a bit better. Levels need to be categorized into types. say like Authentic-style, Parkour, Kaizo, Auto, Easy, difficult. Something like that, even just ranks that the people tag, much like Little Big Planet.

For now, there isn't much we can do, and yeah 100-mario challenge is useless right now. Too much chance of an auto level, or a kaizo level, which just makes no sense. Again not that auto-levels are not cool, but if I want to see an auto level, I should have to ask for it.

I think it's the unfortunate reality of having kids play this game, and not just kids, but people that have a different idea of how they want to work with the game. Say Chris, and myself for example, both seem to be trying to create fair and mario-style levels, and putting a lot of work into that, but I doubt many people know better for lack of a better term, I agree. On the other hand, some people may enjoy the extreme difficulty, and I bet there's less mario-style levels than there is not. Key thing is too, it takes a lot more effort to put thought and detail into your levels, something that requires patience and play-testing, and something kids won't have the patience to do.

Anyways, my way of optimizing for myself is by favouriting user who's levels I liked. Both Chris & Steve are on my list now.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Interesting. while in terms of the actual games themselves, I've always found SMB1 to be my least favourite. Feels stiffer, screen doesn't scroll, and damn springboards. Not like I didn't grow up with SMB1 either, I just tended to favour 3 on our All-stars pack, until I got older, and just learned to adapt to the slightly more primitive controls. I have to mention this is a mild preference however. I always just get used to what I'm playing, but yeah. A lot of this seems to be fixed in Mario Maker, at least the screen scrolling does. My kryptonite is still springboards though. When do you press jump? It's apparently wildly different from when you jump in other games.
Re-iterating this. Ignore me. Controls are indeed quite tight. Childhood me talking apparentrly. Free-air control movement would be nice, but eh. All around pretty good, especially in this game.

My final World Castle level (NSMBU theme), probably the last in this graphic for a good while.

Lava Mites: 7077-0000-0081-f24d

Additionally, here is a fun challenging SMB1 airship level I found:

B759-0000-005a-3646

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 10-01-2015 at 02:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #36
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

Lava Mites is pretty fun, although I found it's not as hard as Chasm Chaos. You've got a nice little world there.

Alright, new level!
Title: Bowser's Frozen Castle
Course ID: 3F6D-0000-0082-6F9F
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-01-2015, 11:44 PM   #37
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japandering View Post
Yeah. I noticed that too. Something I may tweak, but is probably to late to just replace in the upload? Like it'll be new upload if so? Still, either way I'll probably fix it. I had actually planned for it to be a pikachu (only amiibo I have), but apparently those only work in SMB1 oddly enough. It went to a propeller suit with the NSMBU look and I just worked around that. If you can make it out of the next piranha plant segment, you can propeller up to a bit of a shortcut on the top of the level (This was also put in place to delete some land tiles lol. I'm not sure I should fix this. Not sure how many will find it, but hey, it has a purpose. Thoughts?
[/B]
Not worth re-uping the level i.m.o. and of course there all no "rules", it's all just for fun.

I try to make everything in there important, for example if I was gonna put in a hidden star, that star would enable the player to take an easier route that was otherwise not accessible, or whatever... I just try and give a purpose to the stuff at the players disposal. Of course like I mentioned, I don't make Nintendo style levels. This next one Im making is more akin to Maniac Mansion than it is Mario Bros.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-02-2015, 12:03 AM   #38
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

You do, however, retain the stars from levels you have deleted, so the only thing you really lose is the Miiverse posts. If there's something bothering me about one of my levels, I'm not afraid to take it down, fix what's wrong, and reupload it. That's just me, though.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-02-2015, 12:21 AM   #39
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japandering View Post
Re-iterating this. Ignore me. Controls are indeed quite tight. Childhood me talking apparentrly. Free-air control movement would be nice, but eh. All around pretty good, especially in this game.
[/B]
It's the lack of free-air controls that I appreciate, It's a more focused control scheme.

You give me a 1 tile block to land on in SMB 1 and I will land on it every time. You give me the same in NSMB, and its a wobbly butt-puckering mess every time.

This might be just me and other people who had a NES and nothing else to play but SMB for 2 years when the game was new.

It's probable that I really just need to git gud.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
@Japandering: I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if you download 4 levels and place them in the same "world" in Coursebot, you can play those levels in order like a normal Mario game, with lives carrying over and everything. This game has a ton of hidden secrets in it, too.
This is an awesome feature. I was always wondering why I would ever put any coins or 1-ups in my levels.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #40
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Steven. In regards to thinking in a level like 'this powerup will help this way'. I definitely get that. Adds a nice element

Basic Nelly - keep a shell. Kick it at the block between plants for a springboard to an easier route.

Pipe Dream - top left of screen segment has a star, as well as a springboard if you wall jump between a wall and pipe.

Chasm Chaos - accessible hiddenish areas for a star and shell helmet. Pipe and wall jump to propeller suit allowing you to skip a later segment.

Lava mites - if small there is a mini shortcut up. If you still have the propeller suit from level 3. You can go over fire-rod segment.

Steven on 1-ups. Same. I just put one into Lava mites after realizing that. I also thought it was silly for people to put 1-ups inand have them count in 100-mario challenge.

Chris. New level is good. Sense of urgency is present with enemies and magikoopa, but is disorienting in knowing where lava hoppers are. Not sure how to feel on this. Powerups are very generous though. End with flying black chompers csn cluster a bit with bowser fireballs. Its ok, but a likely hit. I had the same issue on lava-mites ending. Overall. Still worth a favourite, but i like your others more. Keep it up. Enjoying these!

Working on something very different. Definitely not a traditional level. Really curious to see how it turns out and what you guys think. Actual level probably pretty small as a test.

Written on phone. Excuse grammar.

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Okaaaaaaaaay. Holy crap man. Playing this for upload made me want to cry. Please i dare any of you to try and beat this action puzzle level i made. Happy i made it but also hate myself a bit.

Note sprite despawns. Dont keep either shell, yoshi or springboard far out of sight. Keep both shells until needed. Should be obviousish where to ditch em. Same with yoshi. SERIOUS respect if you can beat this level! Im going to go sleep now...

Keep Both Shells: 4b8e-0000-0083-5e92
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #41
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

@Cam: Thanks for the feedback. I've replaced the Poodoboos with flamethrowers, that should make things more visible. I also removed the wings on the first set of chompers. The level seems to work a little better now.

New Course ID: 70D7-0000-0084-5249
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #42
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedIsDead View Post
@Cam: Thanks for the feedback. I've replaced the Poodoboos with flamethrowers, that should make things more visible. I also removed the wings on the first set of chompers. The level seems to work a little better now.

New Course ID: 70D7-0000-0084-5249
Awesome! I tried it, and I really like it now. Never been thrilled with ice-phsics overall, but never been one to hate it either. I think there was some other changes to the landscape too, eh? Either way favourited.

I decided to put myself through this again for video. Oddly enough I think the difficulty is right now that it's not 2 AM How to solve Keep Both Shells:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQTAH21PK4

Anyways, back to normal for a bit. My official world 1-1 in Mario 3 Style (other will be world 2 or 3):

Concept of Familiarity: 116A-0000-0084-A4A3

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 10-02-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:23 AM   #43
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

I liked Concept of Familiarity, it was a fun little level.

I made a joke level, and it already has more stars than some of my real ones. Weird.

Title: Automatic Levels Are The Worst
Course ID: 2678-0000-0084-EC51

The upside to this is I passed the 50 star mark, which upped my upload limit to 20.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #44
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Nice.

I upped a new one but I'm pissed off, I had this hilarious bubbles quote "you're peein yourself mr layhe" scattered all over the level. I didn't know they would all be replaced with the stupid bird chirping. Ruined the level.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #45
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Nice.

I upped a new one but I'm pissed off, I had this hilarious bubbles quote "you're peein yourself mr layhe" scattered all over the level. I didn't know they would all be replaced with the stupid bird chirping. Ruined the level.
That's what that was. I don't really like the Sfx in levels to be honest. I do know uploading your own won't play online, probably for safety of not being able to monitor swears or something, because Nintendo. Frankly I'm kind of glad I don't have to randomly hear some 10 year old screaming into the mic as a sound effect online though, as the normal spammed sound effects are bad enough.

I played the level though. Makes you think a bit, but seemed to be a few correct ways to do things? I liked it overall but died near the end and quit on like attempt 10.

I feel like I'm losing my creativity for this. My own limitations of trying to make world 1 or 2 levels easy enough. So I'm doing things a bit scattered now and arranging as I see fit. Finishing the Mario 3 world first though.

Current other two Mario 3 Levels:

Navigational Deviation (Apparently this is the world of big words... I don't know lol): 56C6-0000-0086-7CD7

Delve Into the Hollow: 1F12-0000-008E-0908

And last but not least, a different style of level. Somewhat Kaizo-style, somewhat action puzzle, but fair and aesthetically appealing still of course. Not nearly as unforgiving as Keep Both Shells, but it's based around challenging platforming, and a bit of puzzle elements with things like Yoshi, P-switches and springboards.

Disposable Gadgets: 28D7-0000-0091-337A

Speaking of Keep Both Shells, what did you guys think? I see the completion rate is 1/140. That one actually being me beating it at a friends house to show them how it's done. I like the idea, but people I've seen seem to be struggling with it. It is an extremely unforgiving concept.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 10-06-2015 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #46
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Yeah there are few different ways of succeeding.

I'll try out your guys new ones later.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-07-2015, 01:47 AM   #47
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Super Mario Maker

I played your guys's levels a bit, but I want to try them again once I'm not completely dead tired.

@Cam: Although I know how to beat Keep Both Shells(thanks to your video), actually pulling it off is a different story.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 10-07-2015, 08:44 AM   #48
CaptainJivePants's Avatar
Cute Game Enthusiast
172 posts
CaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the darkCaptainJivePants glows in the dark
View Stats
Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainJivePants
 
CaptainJivePants

Re: Super Mario Maker

So many Course IDs for me to try in here. New makers to follow, too. Very excited. Here's one of mine so you can find me and my courses. Almost everything has been an attempt to create Luigi levels that feel kind of like SMB levels, and I kind of made the one below a little mean unintentionally. Most of my other ones are easier and more fun/accessible.

3BBF-0000-004E-089D Luigi 3-2
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Captain Jive Pants
- Game Mod
- Arm Removal Expert
- Captain of the 2015 Yolympics Champions, Team Penis
Old 10-07-2015, 04:10 PM   #49
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Super Mario Maker

Right on CJP will follow.

I had a plan last night I was gonna tear through all your guys levels and brag here today and tell you all to step it up. I beat one level and then next in line was 2 shells... I don't know what to do, I get to the part with the p and coins and then it's just a huge gap...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 10-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #50
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Super Mario Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Right on CJP will follow.

I had a plan last night I was gonna tear through all your guys levels and brag here today and tell you all to step it up. I beat one level and then next in line was 2 shells... I don't know what to do, I get to the part with the p and coins and then it's just a huge gap...
The ending? Impressive already. spit the last shell to get the p switch out, and you'll lose the last shell after doing so. Run across the now solid coins, take a running leap, jump off yoshi mid-air, hit the springboard, and then use the momentum to bounce to the ending. I made a tutorial youtube video up in one of my other posts.

Here is the part you're referring to specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKQTAH21PK4&t=6m34s

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

Recording Mr. Layhe Musta been on the sauce now. This'll be a doozy...

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 10-07-2015 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nintendo announces Mario Maker Wii U bundle Tails Scoop 3 08-24-2015 12:07 PM
The Road to Mario 3D Land: Super Mario Bros. 3 Robot Scoop 1 11-22-2011 10:15 AM
The Road to Mario 3D Land: Super Mario Bros. Robot Scoop 5 11-10-2011 12:44 AM
Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World Chuck Norris Reviews 11 02-10-2010 10:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS