Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 AM   #26
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

I think we are going to run this through the tournaments page where I will send everyone a password and then everyone joins. The game will be played and then you submit your score like you do in the arcade. That will simplify the score submission process.

I need to know if we want to run this with a handicap or not. If we do, I don't think it will be a 100% handicap maybe 90% or 80%. Also, the first tournament will be a scratch (no handicap) then the following will have handicap (if we decide to do that).

Keep the comments coming.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #27
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

How long between rounds?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #28
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
How long between rounds?
Last time, I think we gave players one week per round.

What do the rest of you guys think about the handicaps?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #29
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

If we are able to go in and practice and play through before we submit our card I don't really see any reason for a handicap.[br]Posted on: June 18, 2008, 12:09:02 PM_________________________________________________O k, so I just played NES Golf. Can you work it if the game does not have a stroke limit then a handicap will be used.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:14 PM   #30
mj23's Avatar
Regular Poster
966 posts
mj23 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to mj23 Send a message via MSN to mj23
 
mj23

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

i dont think there should be a handicap
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:56 PM   #31
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Yeah, I just went from shooting +27 to a +9. I recind my previous post.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #32
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Well I also don't think their should be a handicap simply because handicaps are there to compensate for physical playing ability so a 70 year old guy can play with a 30 year old guy and still keep the competition since this is a game there should be no handicap
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #33
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

But like that 70 year old playing against the 30 year old, some of us are better at golf games (and sport games in general) than others, that's why it is being brought up.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #34
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

What's the verdict here? When do we get to play some golf :P
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #35
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

I'm going to institute a 75% of par handicap after the first tournament, If I see it being abused I will remove it entirely. It will help the players that are not good at golf games but also not kill the ones that are.

My hope is to get this up and running by Monday.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #36
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Whats the status on this getting started?
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 AM   #37
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Sorry guys, busy all week and the weekend. I'll get back to this as soon as I can.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #38
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icculus570
Whats the status on this getting started?
sorry for the complete spam sabby but..

Icculus your avatar kicks ass! ;D ;D ;D ;D
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 07-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #39
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Thanks, I was all excited about this tourney and was trying to find something suitable.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #40
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Guys, I'm truly sorry for not starting this up. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to postpone it again until after my vacation. Looks like we'll have an early August start up.

Once again I'm sorry for not getting to this sooner.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #41
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Guys, I'm truly sorry for not starting this up. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to postpone it again until after my vacation. Looks like we'll have an early August start up.

Once again I'm sorry for not getting to this sooner.
Where are you going to dude?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #42
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Yearly trip to visit family and friends in NorCal.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #43
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Yearly trip to visit family and friends in NorCal.
Nice! Have fun man
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #44
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby
Yearly trip to visit family and friends in NorCal.
Lemme know if you are driving through Fresno. I'll buy you and the family an In N' Out Burger!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 07-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #45
wanman's Avatar
Regular Poster
474 posts
wanman is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to wanman
 
wanman

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Have fun there Sabby, We can all wait for a Gold tournament anyday .
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:30 PM   #46
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

No worries, I'll just keep playing Colecovision. Safe travels.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #47
mignelli's Avatar
Regular Poster
79 posts
mignelli is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
Send a message via MSN to mignelli
 
mignelli

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

you guys have golf tournaments? nice. I gotta join a team, and play myself some golf :P
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #48
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

this is individual golf tournaments, teams are a lot funner.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #49
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Tails is right. These golf tournaments are different than the team competitions.

With golf, let us know that you want to play, and we'll get you signed up for the next tourney.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #50
Icculus570's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
Icculus570 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Icculus570

Re: Bring back the Golf Tournaments!!!!

Maybe we can have a fall tournament?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Golf tanc24 Game Series 12 05-04-2009 08:10 PM
Stand Back! There's a Hurrikane comin back! Hurrikane Introduce Yourself 25 10-17-2008 12:48 PM
MOVED: Stand Back! There's a Hurrikane comin back! sabby Chat 0 09-01-2008 12:16 PM
NES Golf Invitational tanc24 Closed Contests 25 06-18-2007 11:35 AM
Golf Tournaments sabby Closed Contests 89 03-13-2007 02:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS