| RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games. |
|
10-31-2011, 05:25 PM
|
#26
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
When is the cut-off to join the tournament Barra?
|
LOL go get em WB! R.U. represent!
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-31-2011, 05:30 PM
|
#27
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
When is the cut-off to join the tournament Barra?
|
You can join anytime during Round 1 (ends this sunday) and I think you can still join during round 2. It says in the rules but I only had a quick glance over.
For now you are fine, though. 
|
My Signature |
|
11-02-2011, 10:38 AM
|
#28
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
LOL go get em WB! R.U. represent!
|
Thanks Essiekins! I don't know how well I'm going to do, though. I haven't even had the time to download the emulator yet. Alas!This is not the way to represent me thinks.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
|
#29
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel
I haven't even had the time to download the emulator yet.
|
Good going W.B. - that's really showing them!
|
|
|
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
|
#30
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjo
Good going W.B. - that's really showing them!
|
Thanks buddy! I'm trying to really give it the old RU "kapow!". I can't wait to see what impressive thing I do next. Maybe I can even turn on my gaming PC and get the software or plug in the controller. That'll learn 'em. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
|
#31
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Remember WB Round 1 ends this sunday!! You will still be placed in Round 2 if you dont submit this week though 
|
My Signature |
|
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
|
#32
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
they don't stand a chance with the bagel in the contest
|
My Signature |
|
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
|
#33
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman24
they don't stand a chance with the bagel in the contest
|
I don't know about that. THere are some mean players up in there. Bagel is most definitely a top tier player, but some of those guys could go toe to toe with any of our big guys.
|
My Signature |
|
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM
|
#34
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Theres already some wicked scores up for Magical Crystals. Top score so far is 402k!
|
My Signature |
|
11-02-2011, 11:00 PM
|
#35
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
I had never played Magical Crystals before. It is a pretty fun game. Good choice.
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
|
#36
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
I jumped up to the 13th seed now with a score of 232846
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 12:16 AM
|
#37
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman24
I jumped up to the 13th seed now with a score of 232846
|
Nice WM.
We should all make a pact to take part in marp10 and absolutly trounce everyone. I'm not sure but I suspect that we on this site have sharpened each others skills to the point where most of us are well above the skill level of the average player and may not even realise it.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
11-03-2011, 12:23 AM
|
#38
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
You can still join K9!!
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 12:49 AM
|
#39
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
yeah we have my first score I submitted was 151k, then 187k, and now I almost jumped a 100k different who knows I might break 300k
---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------
thanks sc and we should join in k10
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 04:06 AM
|
#40
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Nice going Wolfie - keep on keeping on.
|
|
|
11-03-2011, 08:26 AM
|
#41
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
thanks guys the ice stage is a pain I did a non recorded run of the whole game and the last 3 bosses are impossible and the last boss is cheap after you beat him half way down and spams a fire attack.
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 10:21 AM
|
#42
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman24
thanks guys the ice stage is a pain I did a non recorded run of the whole game and the last 3 bosses are impossible and the last boss is cheap after you beat him half way down and spams a fire attack.
|
Good stuff. Keep at it. You and Jozzer (time permitting) may be the RU reps in this one. I'm not sure if I am going to even be able to get this game going.
Did some emu tests last night on my new laptop and it's not going so well so far. I might still be in if I can get some more RAM before Sunday, but not sure yet. Keep on keeping on Wolf. 
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
11-03-2011, 11:04 AM
|
#43
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
We should all make a pact to take part in marp10 and absolutly trounce everyone. I'm not sure but I suspect that we on this site have sharpened each others skills to the point where most of us are well above the skill level of the average player and may not even realise it.
|
I agree totally Steven - however it would be twice as cool if we got them over to "our place" for a tournament next time. Kong's system walks all over theirs in the user friendly stakes. I'm sure Barra would be happy to invite some of his chums over nearer the time. Be good publicity to boot as well.
|
|
|
11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
|
#44
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Then why don't we just go over and invite them the lot of them to the first
Who's the Baddest of All Gamers Gaming Challenge at RetroUprising vs the World: Championship Edition.
Phew!  Say that five times really fast 
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 02:39 PM
|
#45
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjo
I agree totally Steven - however it would be twice as cool if we got them over to "our place" for a tournament next time. Kong's system walks all over theirs in the user friendly stakes. I'm sure Barra would be happy to invite some of his chums over nearer the time. Be good publicity to boot as well.
|
Yeah your right there, this place is MUCH easier to submit to, thats what makes it so awsome 
However the advantage over there is everyone can download everyone elses recording, so cheating/use of a banned tactic is minimised. Not saying people cheat here as the mods would pick it up, but it takes away that element of doubt.
When K9 is over you guys over here should get something together and I'll post around to try and recruit a few more people. I know myself and unclechicken would be keen to take part
Anyway, think Im done with this weeks game. Thought I might be able to crack 500k but turns out I was one screen away from the last boss and I really cant be bothered trying to point press the whole game! Bring on Round 2!!! 
|
My Signature |
|
11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
|
#46
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
thanks bagel
and great job barra on the score
|
My Signature |
|
11-04-2011, 07:41 AM
|
#47
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Thanks wolfman
Still, Im in 3rd (!) now haha. Someone has finished the game (the last boss is just insane compared to the others) so props to them! 46 players have submitted thus far, which is an awsome number.
|
My Signature |
|
11-04-2011, 09:16 AM
|
#48
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Impressive, Barra. I still can't get past the ice stage.
|
My Signature |
|
11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
|
#49
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
You mean the boss? (4-3 I think)
|
My Signature |
|
11-04-2011, 09:38 AM
|
#50
|
|
|
Re: MARP Knockout9 Tournament
Nope, I haven't been able to get to the Ice boss at all. Those bouncing balls are tough to get past.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.
|