Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
fenrir1887's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
fenrir1887

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

Quote:
Most of their money is paid by the taxpayer and therefore is a waste of good money! Why can't they just go out and get a job if they aren't going to rule!
That statement says a lot, DB. I'll allow that the legislative ability of the ruler is outdated.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #27
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

Quote:
That statement says a lot, DB
Sure does but I didn't say it.

Btw from your comments you seem to think they should have more power, is that true? I can't imagine any good argument for a monarchy in the modern world.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #28
fenrir1887's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,122 posts
fenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of averagefenrir1887 has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
fenrir1887

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

I was referring to the fact there are still monarchs who have more power than these guys. As to the statement I quoted, I was trying to point out that technically Parliament is the reason the Royals are a waste of space. I will allow for the fact, however, that the monarchy brought it on itself.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #29
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

Quote:
I was referring to the fact there are still monarchs who have more power than these guys.
So what's your point? I would say those countries are just stuck in the past and England is moving ahead(slowly but still progressing).

Quote:
As to the statement I quoted
You mean the quote from Squall right? I wanna be clear that it wasn't me. I agree with him but I would've been less nice about it. They should be forced to get jobs so they can pay back the taxpayers, let them live in poverty for the rest of their lives.

Quote:
I was trying to point out that technically Parliament is the reason the Royals are a waste of space.
You have this backwards. The monarchy is a waste of space because it's a flawed system. Parliament is a better form of government and it was created because it was needed for England to be a real world power. Allowing people to rule over others just because of birth lineage or other such nonsense is a thing of the past for most modern people. Consider it enlightenment, people want to be treated fairly and they refuse to bow down to inbred snobs who don't care about them.

Quote:
I will allow for the fact, however, that the monarchy brought it on itself.
You'll allow it? Thanks I guess. I'm not sure what your side is on this but it really seems like you have beef with the monarchy being outdated and a more democratic government taking it's place. What's your real angle here?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #30
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I can't imagine any good argument for a monarchy in the modern world.
According to [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Theory]Game theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], in any negotiation the side with the most patience always has an advantage. The American system forces politicians to not have patience because they must show immediate results or fail to be reelected. This gives Americans a disadvantage when negotiating with foreign dictators and monarchs that know they have substantially more time to come to an agreement.

I'm not arguing in favor of monarchs, but you said you couldn't think of any good argument and that is one. There are others.

I think our system is almost identical to a monarchy. We are still governed by an elite ruling class that answers to their own self serving interests and lobbyists instead of the people that we pretend elected them.

By pretend I mean, they were elected, but the election was based on a delusion of choice, both candidates were identical puppets. The belief of choice is just in our heads. The rulers are the same no matter who is elected. The rulers are the campaign contributors and lobbyist owners. A two party system is easily corrupted.

/rant
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #31
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

Quote:
The American system forces politicians to not have patience because they must show immediate results or fail to be reelected. This gives Americans a disadvantage when negotiating with foreign dictators and monarchs that know they have substantially more time to come to an agreement.
But is that really a good reason argument for a monarchy over our current, convoluted republic? Our system is far from perfect but at least it's not solely controlled by one person or a lineage of entitled people. Obviously we have a lineage of entitled people but the family tree is much larger and not automatically deferred to or given control without some kind of election, pretend or otherwise. I'd rather have our entitled people fighting over who gets to rule us rather than a family passing rulership by birth, which is totally ridiculous. Competition forces people to at least pretend to do the right thing. In a monarchy they do what they want and let the people eat cake.

Quote:
I'm not arguing in favor of monarchs, but you said you couldn't think of any good argument and that is one. There are others.
Well I think that one sucked, what else ya got?

Quote:
I think our system is almost identical to a monarchy. We are still governed by an elite ruling class that answers to their own self serving interests and lobbyists instead of the people that we pretend elected them.
Depending on your definition of almost I could agree with this. At least our ruling class is much broader and the choices come from many walks of life(all rich but still). We almost had a mormon president, sorta!

Quote:
By pretend I mean, they were elected, but the election was based on a delusion of choice, both candidates were identical puppets. The belief of choice is just in our heads. The rulers are the same no matter who is elected. The rulers are the campaign contributors and lobbyist owners. A two party system is easily corrupted.
I'm with you on the general concept of this rant but I disagree that both sides are identical. I really do think there's a party line divide and it's only getting worse. Both sides are influenced by lobbyists and contributors but they still have their own separate agendas. If not and it's all a scam it's one of the biggest ruses in history. Scary thought.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:55 PM   #32
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Royals attacked? Give us a break!

DB:
Quote:
If not and it's all a scam it's one of the biggest ruses in history. Scary thought.
It's two sides of the same coin.
Here in Canada there are more parties but the same elitist cronyism BS.

You can spot the honest politicians easily = they're the ones who never get into 'power', because they won't play along with the underhanded skullduggery {that the puppets will} and they also speak the truth.

Like suggesting that we abolish Private Central Banks along with their fiat currencies which are owned by powerful offshore interests - this is forbidden in the realm of modern politics, and to speak of such things is considered Blasphemy.

{you filthy Heathen Infidels, how dare you challenge the Banksters' authority?}
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Give me your brain... Tails Chat 11 10-03-2010 08:40 PM
Taking a break :-\ CatalystiCam Introduce Yourself 43 12-16-2009 01:57 AM
Seeya, I'm gone for spring break. CatalystiCam Chat 14 04-05-2009 08:30 PM
What gift will you give your buddies this Christmas? V ideoY3K Chat 21 11-08-2008 08:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS