Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 06:01 PM   #426
BannedMonkeyMan's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
BannedMonkeyMan has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
BannedMonkeyMan

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

The game Kung Fu Master on Atari 7800 is not working properly. The boss on the fourth floor will not take damage.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #427
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Can you submit a recording for that please? If so we'll have to disable it.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #428
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Pressing F12 after fighting the boss submits a score and a recording. That way we can see exactly what is happening.

I take it you are very familiar with this game right?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #429
BannedMonkeyMan's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
BannedMonkeyMan has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
BannedMonkeyMan

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Im very familiar with this game my high score is like 130k on my emulator which is 2nd or 3rd place on Twin Galaxies world record so yea ill submit for you here later on.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-05-2013 at 11:39 PM ----------

OK, I submitted my score after not being able to kill fourth floor boss. I hope this gives you what you need because I can only use dxtory on pc to record and it wont record the online emu. I really hope this can be fixed because this game was one of the main reasons I came to this site, I wanted to show ppl how good I was at this game.

Dont accept the score though its not good enough for me to want to show.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #430
Josephjo's Avatar
 
Josephjo

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Have you ever tried punching him instead of kicking and see what happens?

Also each time you get a game over press F5 to reset your game window ad start again or else we have to watch ALL your games and not just the one you submit.

A full list of rules can be found here - Rules and FAQs

Good Luck

Nothing wrong with the game on here. Here's the proof just played past the 4th (and 5th) boss via the ability of punching!

( Click to show/hide )


If you have a PB of 130k you must have got past the 4th Boss at some stage - I guess you just forgot how to do it!

Horrible version BTW I'd try the arcade or Nes versions on here.

Last edited by Josephjo; 05-06-2013 at 01:49 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #431
elrod21's Avatar
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
elrod21

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

You beat me to it Jojo. I just played past that boss also and submitted but didn't beat the last boss like you because it is so hard to keep health against those knife throwers. Especially when they decide to machine gun you.

As Jojo said, just like the arcade low punches are the only way to beat the Wizard. It is working exactly as it should in that regard. Other than that I can remember now why I stopped playing this version.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #432
BannedMonkeyMan's Avatar
Regular Poster
25 posts
BannedMonkeyMan has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
BannedMonkeyMan

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

how the heck do you punch, the atari only has one button. I can get it to randomly punch but I don't know how to make it punch on command. That's retarded on prosystem 13 emulator all I have to do is hit the stupid boss not hit him a certain way.

And yes this game is pretty hard with those stupid knife throwers thats why I want the record on this game cause its challenging.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

nvm I got it all figured out now. This isn't my highest score I just wanted to show that I do know what I'm doing.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #433
ARedLetterDay's Avatar
Regular Poster
706 posts
ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ARedLetterDay has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to ARedLetterDay Send a message via MSN to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Yahoo to ARedLetterDay Send a message via Skype™ to ARedLetterDay
 
ARedLetterDay

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Just to clarify something, the Atari 7800 ProSystem does have two buttons, not just one like the previous incarnations of the Atari. Here's a picture:

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


"his voice swayed with the kindness of devils."

Games in Progress (Name [System, company, year released]: Location Ingame / Current Objective)


Old 05-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #434
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

From 3 different walk throughs.
Quote:
the only thing that will work on the wizard are low punches.
Quote:
One should try to kick the fireballs when at a distance and then approach for the crouch punch attack.
Quote:
The only way he can be defeated is by throwing low punches to his stomach, any other attacks won't harm him.
Sounds like there was something wrong with prosystems if it was allowing you to kick him.

Also punches give you twice as many points.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #435
Jason L. Davis's Avatar
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis
 
Jason L. Davis

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Hey guys, I have a question regarding clearing games that have the " Save State " option, What is the way to go about clearing some games and having them recognized? Games that take very long such as Phantasy Star and Miracle Warriors for the Sega Master System, What OX would I have to Use and would I be able to save my games and come back at a later time or would I have to beat these exceptionally long games in one play? How exactly would I go about doing this and have it viewable to the mods?
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #436
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

From Retro Uprising - FAQ
Quote:
If a game supports SRAM, also called Battery Saves, Cart Saves or In-Game Saves, (example most RPGs such as Zelda) then you may use them. This is different than Save States. To create a Cart Save you must first use the game's original built in save feature and then close the game by pressing Escape followed Enter. To load the game just start it normally and then use the original game's built in continue feature. This rule is primarily to allow clearing of long RPGs. We will be less strict with the above rules in games that have SRAM enabled. If you have questions about a specific game, feel free to ask.
If the original game supports internal saves then you can use them. They have to first be enabled by a mod. Most RPG style games support internal saves and have already been enabled by mods but before you invest a lot of time in a game you should test it to make sure the save is working. Play until you get to the first save spot. Save. Press F5 to reset. See if your save is there. If it is not then post here and a mod will enable it.

Use Score Mode if you want credit for clearing the game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #437
Jason L. Davis's Avatar
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis
 
Jason L. Davis

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Awesome!! Thanks a lot Kong! I should have been more clearer about the saving, That is what I really meant, Because im sure Save stating wouldn't be aloud as you can save anywhere using that feature.

PS... I do have another question, Im using a PS3 style layout controller, this might be a shot in the dark but I was wondering If anyone would happen to have an arcade button layout for the Mortal Kombat games ( In Which I LOVE to play ) besides using the defaults because they are really jacked up!...lol, I know it would take me ALL DAY trying to figure out which button went where because I tried it before when I used to play MAME a lot, This would really help! ANYONE?
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #438
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Button 2 and Button 6 are block. Pretty sure they are both mapped to the same button and have identical function. So you only need one of them.
I would assign each to a shoulder button.

Button 1 is is High Punch.
Button 3 is High Kick.
I would assign them to the top two buttons.

Button 4 is Low Punch.
Button 5 is Low Kick.
I would assign them to the bottom two buttons.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #439
Jason L. Davis's Avatar
I Want Your Scores!
Donor
Game Mod
931 posts
Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Jason L. Davis has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
Send a message via Skype™ to Jason L. Davis
 
Jason L. Davis

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

You sir are truly the best! Much appreciation my friend!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #440
Anagura_Raziel's Avatar
New Poster
8 posts
Anagura_Raziel is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Anagura_Raziel

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

I saw in the rules; you're not allowed to farm/grind/exploit.

In Cyborg Justice (Genesis), are you allowed to allowed to repeatedly siphon health from the same enemey? They die once their health gets to 0 and you can only put them back together twice before they explode.

In short, there are limits on how much you can do this and I'd say the game would be impossible without it. Some clarity please.

I'm about to do a run now (if I can figure out how to get my controller to work), so please don't ban me if you decide against it, just retract my score.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

A few more questions, I hope they haven't been answered already...

1: every time I play in arcadeOX Score mode, it automatically generates a video clip for the moderators to view, right? I don't have to set up my own recording?

2: What file-type does the video output at? I just played roughly a 2 hour game and when I pressed submit score, it took like 3-4 seconds for the "success" information, it seems suspiciously quick...

3: when I output a video, are the mods/admins able to see when I pause, save state, change my button layout, etc?

4: Is my overall achievement affected at all by pausing, saving, changing button layout, etc? or any other factors? (as in; do you judge me differently? do I get an altered score? Are any of these options "illegal"? I'm really sorry, I'm very new here, these questions have likely been asked before but I don't know where to look... I really like this place so far and I'll find my way around in time, I just kinda need a crash-course in advanced-basics, lol.

---------- Post added 07-13-2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-12-2013 at 10:35 PM ----------

question 5: Can you send me a copy of my video?

Last edited by Anagura_Raziel; 07-12-2013 at 07:08 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #441
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

I have not played Cyborg Justice but what you are describing doesn't sound like grinding because there is a reasonable limit to how long you could do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anagura_Raziel View Post
1: every time I play in arcadeOX Score mode, it automatically generates a video clip for the moderators to view, right?
Every time you press F12 to submit.

Quote:
I don't have to set up my own recording?
Correct.

Quote:
2: What file-type does the video output at?
INP. It isn't a button. It records the game buttons you press and replays the game. Similar to what tool assisted speed runners do.

Quote:
3: when I output a video, are the mods/admins able to see when I pause, save state, change my button layout, etc?
They can see how many times you paused but not when you paused. You can not load save states in score mode. They do not see button layout changes.

Quote:
4: Is my overall achievement affected at all by pausing, saving, changing button layout, etc? or any other factors?
You should read the FAQs Retro Uprising - FAQ

If you pause in a puzzle game or other game where pausing is beneficial then your score will be deleted.

Saving in score mode is normally disabled. If it is not then you may use it. Saving is only available in games that originally supported SRAM - battery/cart saves.

Quote:
question 5: Can you send me a copy of my video?
All donors can see a link to watch videos on the score pages.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #442
Anagura_Raziel's Avatar
New Poster
8 posts
Anagura_Raziel is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Anagura_Raziel

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Thank you so much for your reply, that cleared up a lot of confusion.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #443
Mechtech's Avatar
Regular Poster
55 posts
Mechtech play's well with othersMechtech play's well with others
View Stats
 
Mechtech

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

You guys don't have the Commodore 64 system why is that?
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #444
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

I could be wrong but I think it was due to a lack of interest and it might be added eventually.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:35 PM   #445
BiggerJ's Avatar
Regular Poster
46 posts
BiggerJ is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
BiggerJ

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

When doing a game clear for Adventure for Atari 2600, can it be in Mode 1 (short game), or does it have to be for Mode 2 (full game) or Mode 3 (full game with random item placement)?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #446
comboace's Avatar
Regular Poster
78 posts
comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
comboace

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Hey guys. I was playing Rival Turf (SNES) and I noticed that it doesn't support scores. I feel that it should since it does record a score (albeit by enemy kills) and it does allow to enter your name on the high score screen.

I believe that this game should be allowed to have scoring enabled.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #447
Barra's Avatar
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Barra

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by comboace View Post
Hey guys. I was playing Rival Turf (SNES) and I noticed that it doesn't support scores. I feel that it should since it does record a score (albeit by enemy kills) and it does allow to enter your name on the high score screen.

I believe that this game should be allowed to have scoring enabled.
Hi comboace

Unfortunately score mode does not work for this game and so it is disabled.

Sorry about that!

Cheers
Barra
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #448
comboace's Avatar
Regular Poster
78 posts
comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.comboace intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
comboace

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
Hi comboace

Unfortunately score mode does not work for this game and so it is disabled.

Sorry about that!

Cheers
Barra
Ah ok then. Thanks for letting me know.

Also can you confirm my World Heroes record as a clear game also since I did defeat the final boss?
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #449
Barra's Avatar
IGBYgate 2014
2,040 posts
Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Barra has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Barra

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

No problems. Done!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #450
George Riley's Avatar
Regular Poster
190 posts
George Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with othersGeorge Riley play's well with others
View Stats
 
George Riley

Re: Information and Questions for the Mods...

OK, hopefully this is the right place. For Rod Land my high score was accidently entered incorrectly. It's 656,850 instead of 624,650, which was my old high score.

Here you can see score number two in all scores, and see that is my score. Rod Land - Arcade/Coin-Op - Score Board

Thanks for you time.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Helping the Mods jeckel22 Chat 11 06-14-2012 12:24 AM
The Venting Board (or more work for the mods) oasis Chat 867 07-18-2011 12:13 AM
MODS: new catagories? david man45 Chat 31 03-25-2008 09:36 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS