07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
|
#401
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
The poster doing it is preemptive. Instead of people flat out ignoring the post or mocking it with their own "tldr" the author adds a quick summary for lazy, disinterested people. It may seem strange but I know it works on other forums.
|
I see no benefit in that.
The original poster says, hey, don't make fun of me because I am aware that this is too long to read. Doesn't accoplish much of anything.
For some reason I think tldr would be a cool user name.
|
My Signature |
|
07-28-2011, 06:42 PM
|
#402
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
It may not be ideal but it would help people like steven who lose interest after a few sentences.
I'm sure it's been done before. I think imo would be funnier.
|
My Signature |
|
07-28-2011, 07:04 PM
|
#403
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
I see no benefit in that.
The original poster says, hey, don't make fun of me because I am aware that this is too long to read. Doesn't accoplish much of anything.
For some reason I think tldr would be a cool user name.
|
I don't know where DB got the whole making fun of thing, in my experience it's for people who would like to explain something in complex detail and are aware that some people are busy or may not be all that interested. The tldr thing is a courtesy to those people, and also makes sure at least your basic message will get to more people.
tldr: tldr's are useful
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
|
#404
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
I got that from personal experience. I've seen it used that way on lots of forums. It's a way to dismiss someone, so it's more like passive aggressive.
|
My Signature |
|
07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
|
#405
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
I see no benefit in that.
The original poster says, hey, don't make fun of me because I am aware that this is too long to read. Doesn't accoplish much of anything.
|
Okay wait, did you get the part where after they type "tldr" they summerize what they wrote in a quick sentence?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
07-29-2011, 03:42 AM
|
#406
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Well, the way I'm reading your collective responses it seems to me we're in agreement to revive one of the social groups sub sections for political discussion, yes?
If that's the case, which group and sub section shall be revived?
This is what I would like to do: present interesting headlines and videos so we can discuss them, but this time around I'm going to say things no one has heard me say yet = all original, and just me, baby, just me.
The main focus will be on the stories themselves as they relate to each other, and the two levels of politics are to be kept separate {as it should be} if they're mentioned at all.
I think a 'Things that make you go hmmmm...' {unbiased} approach will be more acceptable and invite more interesting discussion.
If you think this is a bad idea, and would rather I go on my typical red - faced, white knuckled rants that take an hour to read {not counting rebuttles}, please let me know.
By the way, is WB still away? - the reason I ask is that they were the Mod in charge of the groups I mentioned before ..
Concerning TLDR: I may seriously consider that as a new username - can you think of anyone else it would better suit?
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
07-29-2011, 08:22 AM
|
#407
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
@JG: TLDR....
I guess I am lazy DB
|
My Signature |
|
07-30-2011, 01:55 AM
|
#408
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Summarizing things you post in extensive detail with tl;dr is quite helpful to those who cannot stand to read a wall of text.
Personally, I prefer the wall of text, I like having as many details as possible.
|
|
|
07-30-2011, 03:20 AM
|
#409
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
I read that in Dwight Schrute's voice.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
07-30-2011, 05:23 PM
|
#411
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski
Ok, so what's the word, guys?
1. Bad idea. STFU Grotowski!
2. Still working out the kinks.
3. Ready to go, and the details are ...
4. Do whatever you want just a tldr.
There are so many things, so many, that I think we should be talking about right now.
A lot of important things have happened in the last two weeks ...
|
Fixed.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
|
#412
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
I read that in Dwight Schrute's voice.
|
Fuck, I'll never be able to read that without his voice.
|
|
|
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
|
#414
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski
Meh, you guys are right.
Fuck it.
|
I'm confused now, what excatly are you fucking?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM
|
#416
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
I'd like to see how you'd pull off a political discussion without bias. I guess for starters you'd have to ask me not to post in it. 
|
My Signature |
|
08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
|
#417
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGrotowski
It.
Unimportant matters no one cares about in the least.
IF you really want to know, I was proposing a revival of political discussion with a non - biased approach, similar to the style of Russia Today.
It doesn't matter.
The time for politics has already passed anyways.
|
But, I do enjoy your political things from time to time, and I do like walls of text.
If it makes you happy, and doesn't offend people to ridiculous levels, why stop?
|
|
|
08-04-2011, 12:22 AM
|
#418
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
I think you got the wrong idea JG, nobody suggested you stop posting them.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-04-2011, 12:24 AM
|
#419
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Yeah, no one suggested that at all. I'm sorry if what any of us posted made you feel that way.
|
|
|
08-04-2011, 12:37 AM
|
#420
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I'd like to see how you'd pull off a political discussion without bias.
|
Easy, just say they all suck equally.
|
My Signature |
|
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
|
#421
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Well that would be a really short debate. You wouldn't be able to introduce any other info.
|
My Signature |
|
08-04-2011, 12:41 AM
|
#422
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Without bias, there is no debate.
|
|
|
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
|
#423
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask
Without bias, there is no debate.
|
Schrute again.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
|
#424
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
God damn it, why does that character borrow so much from me?
|
|
|
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
|
#425
|
|
|
Re: True Opinion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-Mask
Without bias, there is no debate.
|
Sure there is.
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.
|