| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
03-04-2010, 11:29 PM
|
#351
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
That proves that you beat the game within a certain time limit, making the ending difficult right?
|
|
|
03-04-2010, 11:32 PM
|
#352
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
That sounded wrong Kong
Also, what's happening in that end picture of Sweet Home. What is that?
|
|
|
03-04-2010, 11:35 PM
|
#353
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanech
I'm not quite sure what the topic being discussed here is, but i noticed your GIF and VADER WOULD NEVER TAKE A PUNCH LIKE THAT!!!  *holds back tears* sniff...okay, carry on..
|
You underestimate Captain Picard!
|
My Signature |
|
03-05-2010, 03:39 AM
|
#354
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
@Dojah: Kong is correct. There are multiple endings. You need to post the screenshot submitted by GOM.
|
My Signature |
|
03-05-2010, 04:55 AM
|
#355
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Dojah, I think you have to get Samus to take her clothes off for it to count.
|
I wish.
|
My Signature |
|
03-05-2010, 07:01 AM
|
#356
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkninja
That proves that you beat the game within a certain time limit, making the ending difficult right?
|
Yep, i think its under 3 hours for that.
|
My Signature |
|
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
|
#357
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Well the ending is just as easy no matter how fast you do it. But its one of those loopholes I guess. Hehe.
|
|
|
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
|
#358
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Super Metroid completed for Eternal Champions.
|
My Signature |
|
03-06-2010, 10:31 AM
|
#359
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah
Well the ending is just as easy no matter how fast you do it. But its one of those loopholes I guess. Hehe.
|
Straight from the first post, a.k.a. the rules. Emphasis mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Specific game requirements may be added by the team that nominates a game. Such requirements may include beating a fighting game with all players or getting a specific ending to a game with multiple endings. Teams are encouraged to be very specific about what constitutes a win.
|
Also, Sweet Home and Ogre Battle have specific endings as well.
|
My Signature |
|
03-06-2010, 10:58 AM
|
#360
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
yeah, but what is that thing at the end of sweet home. It's confusing.
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
|
#361
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
Straight from the first post, a.k.a. the rules. Emphasis mine. Also, Sweet Home and Ogre Battle have specific endings as well.
|
Yep, loopholes.
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 01:05 PM
|
#362
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
yeah, but what is that thing at the end of sweet home. It's confusing.
|
Beat the game and you will find out.
But because I'm nice  I'll explain. The dude is a character in the game and the pictures are areas you have completed but if you play it, it's self explanatory. FYI! 
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
|
#363
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I've seen the ending on youtube. I just don't get some news reporter saying "Comments?" Then some monster turning it's head, why is it ended right there?
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 03:45 PM
|
#364
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
You'd have to play the game.
|
My Signature |
|
03-06-2010, 04:15 PM
|
#365
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I had started, but my computer screwed up and I lost the hour and a half of progress that I had made...
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
|
#366
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Do you have to necessarily get the best ending in Sweet Home?
Also, is it even possible to end the game with one person? Don't you need at least two people to use all four items on the last boss?
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 05:58 PM
|
#367
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I've checked, only 5 people will get you the right ending.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81RVe8loG2I&feature=related"]YouTube- Sweet Home ending 1[/ame]
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 03-06-2010 at 06:03 PM..
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 07:16 PM
|
#368
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Did anyone else notice that they gave a special thanks to King Arthur in the credits?
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 09:29 PM
|
#369
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
no, I skipped the credits, and even if I do watch them in games, I don't pay attention...
|
|
|
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
|
#370
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
The ending for sweet home is supposed to be like Friday the 13th you think you won but evil is still around. The story for sweet home is weird. Child is old enough to walk around goes in the furnace and mother accident turns it on, mother lock herself in room after she killed her child then invite children over throw they in the furnace so her child has playmates.
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 12:10 AM
|
#371
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
That music is so creepy, yet awesome. This game does not work for me anymore... (sweet home)
Edit: it does not work in Java, nor can I even keep my saves in java due to a daily cleanup that my computer does to wipe away temporary files.
Last edited by CatalystiCam; 03-07-2010 at 12:12 AM..
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 12:12 AM
|
#372
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman24
The ending for sweet home is supposed to be like Friday the 13th you think you won but evil is still around. The story for sweet home is weird. Child is old enough to walk around goes in the furnace and mother accident turns it on, mother lock herself in room after she killed her child then invite children over throw they in the furnace so her child has playmates.
|
Sweet Home the game and a Japanese movie came out on the same day in 1989. They both have the same basic storyline but the movie as far as I can tell (without seeing the whole thing) has only three main characters a Mother, Father and Daughter with the same names as the game (so that's kind of cool).
Last edited by Bluej; 03-07-2010 at 12:15 AM..
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 12:13 AM
|
#373
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
are all five characters kids in the game? and theres a movie? sweet.
|
|
|
03-07-2010, 12:25 AM
|
#374
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
and even if I do watch them in games, I don't pay attention...
|

|
|
|
03-07-2010, 12:29 AM
|
#375
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
are all five characters kids in the game? and theres a movie? sweet.
|
I think they are supposed to be adults because of the description in the beginning says "an investigation team" and Toro one of the characters carries a camera so I think they are supposed to be reporters and from the ending that you put on here (and the game itself) states "our final report".
Yes, the movie does exist.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.
|