Man, there are a lot of things to figure out post quest. Little area's that are empty except a a fire burning and a little sitting mat, caves with nothing in them but a corpse standing there, a full blown mausoleum with a sealed coffin. The problem is that it doesn't seem anyone gives you any hints on what to do with these thing.
I made it to a whole new tough guy in the lvl 56 map, he absolutely destroyed me, he hits mostly criticals for 300-400 damage. I just got an ability that makes all criticals miss automatically so maybe I can beat him one on one if I'm lucky.
---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------
I managed to get all the way to what I believe is the final boss, the second Corvus. He took down my party barely but I wasn't expecting to win. The fact that he can heal 500hp or all his mp at will means I can't defeat him yet as I normally do only 50-80 dmg per attack.
I'll have to sort out my items and build up some levels.
I lost to him 3-4 time before I beat him, when you do be prepared to lol at the huge phallic castle during the end of the game.
I got an accolade for having to get my guys resurrected too many times. Lame.
I'm just doing side quests and stuff to build up before I take on the lvl 56'er again, he demolishes me very quickly, just a minute ago actually.
Has anyone run into a "moai minstrel" it's an enemy and a quest is hanging in the balance.
Tenser
46Minstrel/16Mage First grab some quick Thief levels to get half inch and eight extra skill points to 100% Minstrel's Litheness skill tree. Second grab levels as a Warrior to max out his Sword skill tree. Third grab more Mage levels to boost his max MP and magic might. Lastly switch him to Armamentalist and let him build up as I move on to Komoe.
Komoe
43Martial/29Ranger/16Thief/5Warrior
First max out her shield skill as a Warrior so I can use it with her other classes. Second, boost up her Agility/Deftness with more Thief levels. Third gain some quick skill points in a class I don't care about to boost up a Ranger weapon skill tree. Last, level up the Ranger as I move on to Alicia.
Alicia
46Priest/16Warrior
Mage & Sage skills for MP boosts (Omniheal is friggen expensive). Warrior for Shield skill tree (defense). A useless class for staff skill boosting.
Ami
42Warrior/30Paladin/16Martial/12Thief
Ami needs little work. Finish Paladin's Virtue. Maxing out her spear and shield skills is all she needs. 441 defense pre final boss is very sexy.
Seems like a well thought out plan, Ive got a tonne of skill points in reserve, I'm just trying to figure out where to put them.
My sage needs defense and hp so some to that probably.
Also I might keep my thief over my ranger, itemized kill is so sweet for plundering treasure from the treasure map bosses. I'll figure something out.
---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumCommando
75 and some cookies
This thread is serious business, take it to the pokemon thread.
Did some hard leveling today. I also alchemized myself an Uber Miracle Sword.
Tenser
46Minstrel/26Mage/15Thief
Ami
42Warrior/35Paladin/16Martial/12Thief
Komoe
43Martial/34Ranger/16Thief/5Warrior
Alicia
48Priest/16Warrior
---------- Post added 08-28-2010 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-26-2010 at 11:53 PM ----------
My update:
( Click to show/hide )
Tenser
46Minstrel/38Mage/27Warrior/15Thief/15Armamentalist First grab some quick Thief levels to get half inch and eight extra skill points to 100% Minstrel's Litheness skill tree. Second grab levels as a Warrior to max out his Sword skill tree. Third grab more Mage levels to boost his max MP and magic might. Lastly switch him to Armamentalist and let him build up as I move on to Komoe.
Komoe
46Ranger/43Martial/16Thief/5Warrior
First max out her shield skill as a Warrior so I can use it with her other classes. Second, boost up her Agility/Deftness with more Thief levels. Third gain some quick skill points in a class I don't care about to boost up a Ranger weapon skill tree. Last, level up the Ranger as I move on to Alicia.
Alicia
56Priest/16Warrior
Mage & Sage skills for MP boosts (Omniheal is friggen expensive). Warrior for Shield skill tree (defense). A useless class for staff skill boosting.
Ami
46Paladin/42Warrior/16Martial/12Thief
Ami needs little work. Finish Paladin's Virtue. Maxing out her spear and shield skills is all she needs.
Tenser
Att231/Def219/M.Might281
Komoe
Agility294/Deft429/Att268/Def237
Alicia
Att197/Def230/Mending485
Ami
Att333/Def496/Resil337/Str226
Also, I preordered Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light today. I'll be ready.
My sister walks in to the computer room and says: "So I started a game of DQ9...." I almost had a heart attack, luckily she realized that she would be erasing my game.
Steve 55pal,33war,7pr,9thf,22minst
Att 370
def 411
style355
Max hp 350
Kathleen 46sage,1war,41mage,9thf,12minst,32arma
magical might 269
mending 223
att 262
def 247
style 366
max mp 306
Miagi 41Glad, 7 war, 54marartist, 9thf, 12minst
Att 470
def 257
deft 134
style 227
Chalkie 41 thf, 6 war, 12 minst, 52 ranger
att 207
def233
style 225
deft 420
agility 268
Tenser
46Minstrel/40Armamentalist/38Mage/27Warrior/15Thief First grab some quick Thief levels to get half inch and eight extra skill points to 100% Minstrel's Litheness skill tree. Second grab levels as a Warrior to max out his Sword skill tree. Third grab more Mage levels to boost his max MP and magic might. Lastly switch him to Armamentalist and let him build up as I move on to Komoe.
Komoe
45Ranger/43Martial/38Priest/28Thief/5Warrior First max out her shield skill as a Warrior so I can use it with her other classes. Second, boost up her Agility/Deftness with more Thief levels. Third gain some quick skill points in a class I don't care about to boost up a Ranger weapon skill tree. Last, level up the Ranger as I move on to Alicia.
Alicia
67Priest/16Warrior
Mage & Sage skills for MP boosts (Omniheal is friggen expensive). Warrior for Shield skill tree (defense). A useless class for staff skill boosting.
Ami
54Paladin/42Warrior/16Martial/12Thief
Ami needs little work. Finish Paladin's Virtue. Maxing out her spear and shield skills is all she needs.
These are just as I have them on the fly, I'm not about to adjust all amy equipment, and vocations just to maximize them for show. (not accusing you of doing that Ten.) Also the fact my whole team is still rockin the life bracers hurts their stats a bit overall.
---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------
Nothing over 500 right now though.
---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------
Haven't made another attempt. I will by the end of this week if everything goes as planned. Want to get all my characters pointed in the directions I have in mind for them.
---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------
I'm hoping to avoid the life bracers as Alicia's M.Mending power is the highest stat out of the entire team. She regens MP through leeching it with attacks and with each step. The Ranger and Pally can heal/res in emergencies if she goes down.
I just allocated Miagi's extra skill points and his attack is now 529. Also i found a lvl 52 grotto that seems to have a lot of metal babbles on floors 7,8,9 sometime its groups of 3 too.
I haven't updated in awhile so this will be long. I beat the game a couple days ago but I took a break and haven't done anything really since. I beat the crap out of the leader(s) and only one death but he was zinged before the fight ended. I treated them like a hard grotto boss and it went well. The last guy took a lot of healing though.
Dudebro
Level 43 Armamentalist / Mage 30 / Thief 15 / Minstrel 29 / Ranger 43 /
Attack - 342
Defense - 325
Style - 428
Other stats all mediocre because of the jobs leveled. Despite that he seems to do very well and he has a lot of stuff to use in battle. Work in progress.
Kinga
Warrior 55 / Martial Artist 14 / Thief 18 / Minstrel 23 / Gladiator 25 / Paladin 32 /
Strength - 297
Resilience- 388
Max HP- 416
Attack - 434
Defence - 557(I think I broke 500 first but I didn't post so meh)
Style - 278
For a while I had everyone in the backrow hiding behind him.
On boss/grotto fights he usually deals around 2-2.5k damage with max tension, double up, oomph, one of the fources and Falcon slash. I fight the first grotto every time I log in and one of those hits usually kills him outright.
Sumo
Thief 45 / Martial artist 50 / Gladiator 26
Agility- 414
Deftness - 342
Attack - 345
Might not look good on paper but he also does serious damage but with Hardclaw instead. Also flailing nails is one of the best moves for fighting metal slimes, it can hit four times and with high agility it seems to land with a great %.
Schminda
Priest 51 / Mage 26 / Thief 18 / Armamentalist 37 /
Magical mending 443
Max mp 308
Honestly needs more work. Does good but she's the only one who dies really and she is usually the only one with Zing.
Rock Mine of Joy lvl3
Invincible Trousers(better than anything else I have and any job can use) 2%
Rock Mine of Glee lvl5
Fire Claws(lame) 10%
Basalt Mine of Woe lvl8
Vesta Gauntlets(awesome) 2%
Rock Lair of Woe lvl20
Apprentice's gloves(also awesome) 2%
All those items are 4 star rarity, not sure about fire claws though I already sold them.
I was wondering what weapons you guys used most of the time. Mine were-
Dudebro - Whip, Bow(maxed and it seems to critical a lot more than other weapons)
Kinga - Sword(maxed),
Sumo - Claw(maxed)
Schminda - Wand(maxed), fists(for the hell of it)
Steve: maxed swords/all challenges complete/equipped with uber miracle sword
Kathleen: maxed whips/all challenges complete/equipped with empress whip
Miagi: maxed claws/ missing one challenge
( Click to show/hide )
Cant find the last guy for clawses challenges
equipped with oricalchium claws
Chalkie: 86 pts into boomerang/ not sure on challenges/ equipped with flametang boomerang
I kinda decided early on that these would be their main weapons and havent really built up much else, the time the spent in other vocations I built up that vocations ability and ignored the other weapons. Tonight I'm gonna finish up Chalkies boomerang and look into the challenges. I really got to find or alchemize her a better rang.
Have any of you found the last claw challenge guy?
Also, who knows how to get gold armour?
The game saves your first completion stats, heres mine, second digits are current.
Battle victories: 1538/2351
Times alchemy performed: 67/88
Accolades earnt: 47/62
quests completed: 43/73
grottoes completed: 17/50
guests canvassed: 0/0
Time spent playing: 80:49/127:34
Time spent in multi player: 00:00/00:00
I can't believe how ripped off I'm getting in the grottoes:
Pro's axe x2 5%
Dragontail whip: 10%
Miracle Sword: 5%
Fire claws 10%
Supernatural specs 5%
Giants hammer 5%
None of this has been of any use to me, or the alchemy pot.
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 09-01-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Tenser
46Minstrel/44Armamentalist/38Mage/27Warrior/15Thief First grab some quick Thief levels to get half inch and eight extra skill points to 100% Minstrel's Litheness skill tree. Second grab levels as a Warrior to max out his Sword skill tree. Third grab more Mage levels to boost his max MP and magic might. Lastly switch him to Armamentalist and let him build up as I move on to Komoe.
Komoe
46Ranger/43Martial/38Priest/33Thief/5Warrior First max out her shield skill as a Warrior so I can use it with her other classes. Second, boost up her Agility/Deftness with more Thief levels. Third gain some quick skill points in a class I don't care about to boost up a Ranger weapon skill tree. Last, level up the Ranger as I move on to Alicia.
Alicia
69Priest/16Warrior/16Armamentalist
Mage & Sage skills for MP boosts (Omniheal is friggen expensive). Warrior for Shield skill tree (defense). A useless class for staff skill boosting.
Ami
57Paladin/42Warrior/16Martial/12Thief
Ami needs little work. Finish Paladin's Virtue. Maxing out her spear and shield skills is all she needs.
Tenser
Strength - 176
Agility - 82
Resilience - 135
Deftness - 122 Charm - 127
M.Mending - 54 M.Might - 397
HP - 285
MP - 137
Attack - 329
Defense - 281 Style - 396
Tenser is a pure spellsword. Grey magic and physical damage.
Komoe
Strength - 160 Agility - 334
Resilience - 138 Deftness - 469
Charm - 30
M.Mending - 113
M.Might - 13
HP - 304
MP - 113
Attack - 268
Defense - 267
Style - 277
Komoe is the party thief and backup healer.
, I just met up with her again and I didn't check the screen yet. My stats are almost identical to the ones I listed besides a couple quests and grotto runs.
I just got the accolade Exterminator for "saving the world and taking as many monsters as mortally possible down while doing so", did you get that steven?