Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 AM   #276
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon II

Speaking of impossible games. When MM was talking of games to beat I thought about Talloon's. That would mean getting to floor 10 and back out then going to the advanced dungeon and getting to floor ~26 and back out. And then getting to floor 99 and back out. In Score Mode. You would have to leave your computer on for weeks and play for hours every day. And even though it is in score mode it still has saves so someone could still make you start over after weeks of playing. insert evil laugh
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 AM   #277
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Team Marathon II

Kong you should join v.b.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 03-02-2010, 02:05 AM   #278
ZedIsDead's Avatar
she's exhausted
Donor
Game Mod
1,912 posts
ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!ZedIsDead has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
ZedIsDead

Re: Team Marathon II

We're screwed. In the interest of fair play, I say we dump 1945.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Check out the Zed Discord; the only Zed-centric Discord in the world!

Or perhaps the Zed Twitter; the only Zed-centric Twitter in the world!

Or, hell, the Zed Twitch ; the only Zed-centric Twitch in the world!


Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 AM   #279
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Speaking of impossible games. When MM was talking of games to beat I thought about Talloon's. That would mean getting to floor 10 and back out then going to the advanced dungeon and getting to floor ~26 and back out. And then getting to floor 99 and back out.
Getting floor 99 isn't technically beating the game it just means you've played it way too much. I think I read floor 25 is the earliest you can "finish" the game when you get that quest item(I forget). If you skip it you can just keep going until you die or hit 99. That would be a marathon on it's own. You could make a badge for it but it would probably never get awarded.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:25 AM   #280
Seahawk's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Seahawk

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Well I needed to balance out the compliment that was in the same sentence you see...
Ok, well as thanks I boosted my score in 1945k III by 600,000, have fun ^^.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 AM   #281
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
Ok, well as thanks I boosted my score in 1945k III by 600,000, have fun ^^.
Your too kind.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

You getting any one-ups besides the 800,000 one?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 AM   #282
Seahawk's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,154 posts
Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Seahawk has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Seahawk

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13 View Post
Your too kind.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

You getting any one-ups besides the 800,000 one?
There is a second one, and I don't think there are any more after that, which is stupid, all shooters should have a constant score multiple for life ups =/.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:10 AM   #283
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Marathon II

Beyond this discussion, this bothered me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
Didnt all the teams have an equal oppurtunity to choose games which would give them an advantage in this tourney?
It's a loophole. I do what I can when writing up the rules. It usually takes me a week to come up with a final draft that's both specific and generic enough to allow for a fun contest. The only reason it takes me so long is because people will exploit every little loophole to get an advantage. It's pretty sad, really.

If we didn't mention that game genie codes are illegal people would use them even if it flew in the face of common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
Isnt that the meaning of this type of tournament? I mean I spent 3 days playing defender of the crown, hours on end until I became good enough to beat it.
No, it isn't. GOM picked games that they loved to play, independent of challenge. I had a blast playing Sweet Home again and I hope bluej did as well. I could have marked it in score mode but that would have been stupid and taken away from both mine and any other's enjoyment of the game.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 AM   #284
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Marathon II

Well they ARE VB Tenser.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #285
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Getting floor 99 isn't technically beating the game it just means you've played it way too much. I think I read floor 25 is the earliest you can "finish" the game when you get that quest item(I forget). If you skip it you can just keep going until you die or hit 99. That would be a marathon on it's own. You could make a badge for it but it would probably never get awarded.
Nope, there is 3 different goals.
1. Easy. Find the jewelry box on the 10th floor of the beginners dungeon and get back out alive.
2. Normal. Find the happiness box between floors 26-28 of mystery dungeon and get back out alive.
3. Hard. Find the mystery box between floors 30-38 of bonus dungeon and get back out alive.
After that you can go back to the bonus dungeon and continue playing but there isn't any more goals. There are 99 floors in the bonus dungeon but I don't think you can explore them all until you get out with the mystery box.

Last edited by Kong; 03-02-2010 at 04:38 AM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #286
Dojah's Avatar
 
Dojah

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
Beyond this discussion, this bothered me:

It's a loophole. I do what I can when writing up the rules. It usually takes me a week to come up with a final draft that's both specific and generic enough to allow for a fun contest. The only reason it takes me so long is because people will exploit every little loophole to get an advantage. It's pretty sad, really.

If we didn't mention that game genie codes are illegal people would use them even if it flew in the face of common sense.
Why did this bother you? I am really tired and maybe thats why I am confused but are you basically calling us cheaters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
No, it isn't. GOM picked games that they loved to play, independent of challenge. I had a blast playing Sweet Home again and I hope bluej did as well. I could have marked it in score mode but that would have been stupid and taken away from both mine and any other's enjoyment of the game.
So you assume we picked games we didnt like to play? I dont get it, I am having a blast playing all of these games, regardless of what mode you put it on.

I guess I dont get the point of this tourney then. You say its not to pick games that are easier for your own team and hard for other teams, but instead just fun? So the point of completing a teams 3 games and erasing some save states are for more enjoyment? Something does not add up.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #287
Gamenguru's Avatar
 
Gamenguru

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
Didnt all the teams have an equal oppurtunity to choose games which would give them an advantage in this tourney? Isnt that the meaning of this type of tournament? I mean I spent 3 days playing defender of the crown, hours on end until I became good enough to beat it.

24 hours might seem fair to you guys but to me its a little unfair. Personally I havent even played it more than 5 minutes due to Dotc. So for me to pick up and play and beat it 24 hours seems crazy. If I told one to beat Dotc in 24 hours without ever playing it they would laugh at me.
Agreed. I spent most of the last week trying to get that extremely screwed up Top Gear 3000 game to work, and I believe that VB had similar problems. I don't recall the other teams pushing this hard to remove that game from the tournament.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojah View Post
So you assume we picked games we didnt like to play? I dont get it, I am having a blast playing all of these games, regardless of what mode you put it on.

I guess I dont get the point of this tourney then. You say its not to pick games that are easier for your own team and hard for other teams, but instead just fun? So the point of completing a teams 3 games and erasing some save states are for more enjoyment? Something does not add up.
Actually, it seems that the point of this tournament is to give an extreme advantage to whoever has the most free hours to play.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #288
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon II

I talked to Steven in PM. He said he is to level 4 of 8. Seahawk seems to be even farther and WB seemed to want to take a crack at it. Maybe it isn't impossible.

I think if the game is removed last minute instead of right now then it gives VB an unfair advantage. That is why I suggested the penalty earlier if you change your vote. I said that when I thought it was a 99% chance that 1945 would eventually be removed. Now I only think there is a 90% chance that it will be removed.

I don't think it is fair to simply post pone the removal to the end of the contest without doing anything else. So how about this instead?

1. 1945 stays in the contest for now.
2. 1945 does not count as one of VB's games meaning 1945 does not protect your saves. This is because I am pretty sure we will be discarding 1945 eventually. If I end up being wrong then I apologize for suggesting this.
3. After someone beats all 11 other games then we can reassess 1945 and see if we keep it. I think if no one is to level 6 by that time then we should just drop 1945.
4. My suggestion of a penalty for changing your vote is removed.
5. If we do decide to remove 1945 then the first team to have finished the 11 other games will win even if they finished them before we remove 1945.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #289
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Marathon II

Is it me or is like every tourny since the update had something screw up?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 03-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #290
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
Do you really think this can be done? This game is crazy!
I really do. It is very hard, but I believe it can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong
For games like Donkey Kong the game ends on the kill screen level 256. If you want to submit a similar game and say making it to level X is the end then we can discuss that but only if someone really wants to. PM the specifics to Tenser and me.
Kong, I'm not trying to get nit picky, but you did mention this early on. I think with the example used, the implication is that games that were very hard could be used. Steven just chose something that would fit under this category.

There was nothing stated that we had to all pick games that were, "not too hard". GOM may have chosen easy games, but they also chose games that would take 30-40 hours to complete in some cases. That's fine, but the advantage definitely goes to people who have tons of time to play.

Also, when I voted to keep the game, it was because I really do believe it is possible. It will take work, but it's possible. I think contesting something like this sets a really bad precedent for future contests because it will encourage people to not raise the bar.

There was a thread recently (which I had reservations about as you all know), talking about how we higher level players should utterly demolish players with a level in the multiple of 10. The goal of that was to encourage competitiveness. While I didn't want to drive away low level players, I could see the point. It was about a hazing ritual to raise people's skill.

Having said that, what's wrong with Steven trying to use a similar tactic to raise the bar amongst the teams, and more or less use a hazing ritual to encourage competitiveness too?

As it stands currently, Seahawk is doing best at the game anyway (nice job by the way Hawk), so chances are GOM will still win.

I think changing 1945k III to Full Mode, and play using infinite credits, would eliminate any need to play it at all. If we all want to take the easy end to the contest, let's just all agree to resolve the contest by having all the teams hold hands, and play Color a Dinosaur together, and have the team that finishes their picture first win the contest.

Is it a Marathon or a Scareathon? A Manathon (or Womanathon) or a Mouseathon?

Let's raise the bar!!!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #291
sabby's Avatar
 
sabby

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
That's fine, but the advantage definitely goes to people who have tons of time to play.
So is this why all EC games are in score mode? I don't know about you, but I have only spurts of time here and there, I can't spend 3+ hours to sit down and play, an hour at most during lunch. I could play the Simpsons game and beat it, but I do not have the time to sit down in one sitting and do it. It's not about raising the bar, it's about being realistic. I am losing interest in this fast and there is WAY too much drama.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
The List of 111 games I've beaten on RU.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:29 AM   #292
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Team Marathon II

it seems to me that each team has picked games that either favor them, or give them a sort of advantage. gom has picked mostly rpg's that require some solid hours to complete. ec has picked all of its games in score mode, one of which has a major difficulty level, and the other which has controls so bad that it is made difficult. vb has a ridiciously hard shooter.

if the point of this contest was to pick games that could be completed without much of a challenge, then mm is the only one playing by the rules...lucky, that isn't the point of this contest.

i agree with bagel, it is a challenge, that is why we do it, if these contests were easy, then everyone would be able to do, it is my belief that we don't have contests on here just to win badges, we do it for the challenge...and the bragging rights.

as sabby said, too much drama over what? a game contest? seriously, we all need to shut up and deal with it.

Last edited by jim5cents; 03-02-2010 at 09:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #293
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabby View Post
So is this why all EC games are in score mode? I don't know about you, but I have only spurts of time here and there, I can't spend 3+ hours to sit down and play, an hour at most during lunch. I could play the Simpsons game and beat it, but I do not have the time to sit down in one sitting and do it. It's not about raising the bar, it's about being realistic. I am losing interest in this fast and there is WAY too much drama.
Yeah Sabby, but all of EC's games can be finished in between 1-1.5 hours max. DOTC can be completed in about 20 minutes, Battletoads in about an hour, and Bart vs The Space Mutants in about 1 hour to hour and a half.

1945k III can be finished in about 30 minutes.

I hear you about having time here and there. I'm the same way. I can really only game at night, or sometimes on a weekend here and there, but not a lot of time.

Add to it that EC has only had about half the team playing, and add to that that Guru had to play Top Gear about 6 times because the game is so glitchy resulting in hours and hours of wasted time. If anyone could be complaing, it could be us.

EC didn't suggest 1945k, but if we shy away from every hard game in every contest, what's the point of having a contest at all? I still support VB's right to choose that game, and feel that it was completely within the rules to do so.

If the game would be such an issue, why wasn't something said to Steven before the contest started? Did anyone check out the game to see what it was like?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #294
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnebagel View Post
I really do believe it is possible. It will take work, but it's possible.
OK. I didn't realize people actually thought that. I thought everyone would agree it was impossible. I guess since someone not on VB thinks it is possible then there doesn't really need to be any rules changed or voted on.

Someone could have thrown in an RPG that takes 60 hours to beat. A shooter that takes that much time practicing is basically the same thing. I think even with that much practice I still couldn't do it though.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #295
Winnebagel's Avatar
IS THE CHEESIEST!!
5,609 posts
Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Winnebagel has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Winnebagel

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
it seems to me that each team has picked games that either favor them, or give them a sort of advantage. gom has picked mostly rpg's that require some solid hours to complete. ec has picked all of its games in score mode, one of which has a major difficulty level, and the other which has controls so bad that it is made difficult. vb has a ridiciously hard shooter.

if the point of this contest was to pick games that could be completed without much of a challenge, then mm is the only one playing by the rules...lucky, that isn't the point of this contest.

i agree with bagel, it is a challenge, that is why we do it, if these contests were easy, then everyone would be able to do, it is my belief that we don't contests on here just to win badges, we do it for the challenge...and the bragging rights.

as sabby said, too much drama over what? a game contest? seriously, we all need to shut up and deal with it.
Agreed Jim. If somehow Steven & VB somehow broke a rule when choosing this game, then I would be the first to try to bring that up, but that did not happen.

Where is the dividing line on what is too hard? As much as I like the games MM chose, I think they made it too easy in some ways by not putting some in score mode. For example, Prince of Persia is a sweet game, but not playing it in the 120 minute block like it is supposed to be played made the game just an excerise in Saving and Loading the Save States instead of a killer challenge. Zelda II is a different story since the game had saves originally.

If the emphasis is supposed to be, "Play the game how it was made to be played without any extra advantage" then I don't see why this only applies sometimes. Any way, that's my take.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong View Post
OK. I didn't realize people actually thought that. I thought everyone would agree it was impossible. I guess since someone not on VB thinks it is possible then there doesn't really need to be any rules changed or voted on.

Someone could have thrown in an RPG that takes 60 hours to beat. A shooter that takes that much time practicing is basically the same thing.
That's my thought exactly. I can see other's perspectives, but I really think it can be done. Maybe not within a 48 hour window, but I think it can be soon. It's a matter of memorization.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Holy Jacket of Smite!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #296
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Marathon II

I think it's like the Baseball game GOM chose in the first contest when MM, GOM, and SF were made.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 03-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #297
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Marathon II

I say "whatever" to all of this nonsense. Two teams have voted to keep 1945k, so we should keep it. Simple as that.

I make a wager that no player here will beat 1945k in the next 30 days. Anyone who wants that bet, let me know.

In the meantime, our team will focus on beating the remaining 11 games and we'll see what happens with 1945.

Overall, this has been a fun tournament so far. Its hard to come up with contests that don't favor those who have the most free time, and it's impossible to have a contest without loopholes and questions. This contest is no exception. That said, I look forward to seeing how this all plays out.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #298
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanc24 View Post
I make a wager that no player here will beat 1945k in the next 30 days. Anyone who wants that bet, let me know.
I will double that wager.

The difficulty ramps up considerably at level six which no one has even attained yet.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

@Bagel: We've had a Color A Dinosaur contest before.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #299
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Marathon II

We need another Bull fight Contest, Tenser.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 03-02-2010, 02:38 PM   #300
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Marathon II

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB
GOM may have chosen easy games, but they also chose games that would take 30-40 hours to complete in some cases.
I don't think our games were easy. Also 30-40 hours with save states isn't really a lot when it's already been a week and save states can be shared. Does this mean you guys are having trouble with Ogre Battle?

I'm also in favor of saving the drama for your mamas. If people think this game is beatable in a reasonable time then let's go for it. I just hope we aren't still trying to beat it in like two weeks or something. At some point enough is enough right?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Marathon I Kong Team Contests 186 04-26-2008 01:44 AM
Team Marathon I - Results Kong Team Contests 7 04-25-2008 02:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS