| Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month. |
|
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
|
#252
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
GOM has completed all 3 MM submissions. Tanc has 24 hours to pick a save state of MM's (unsubmitted as complete) to delete.
|
My Signature |
|
03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
|
#253
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Tanc, I vote to keep 1945k III in place. I vote to not remove it.
There was nothing stated in the rules about someone being forced to choose games with save states. If everyone would have chosen games without save states, it would have been a moot point.
Further, I agree with Steven's reasoning to keep it in place. Let's see if this can be done.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
03-01-2010, 11:02 PM
|
#254
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I am going to make some special rules about this vote.
1. Team captains vote. Do you want to change 1945 from score mode to full mode?
2. 3 votes required to change it.
3. If you vote no and then in a few days decide you want to change your vote to yes then you will be penalized because I think delaying the inevitable would otherwise be a good strategy for some.
4. The penalty will be if you vote no today and yes later then you will have to wait 24 hours longer than everyone else before switching 1945 to full mode.
5. If you already voted you can change your vote now if you want.
Do you really think this can be done? This game is crazy!
|
My Signature |
|
03-01-2010, 11:42 PM
|
#255
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Well It can be done, there are no points in the game where it's impossible to dodge the spray, and any that may seem impossible can be avoided with a bomb. Don't get me wrong though this challenge is obviously beyond hard.
Your new ultimatum seems slightly unfair towards v.b. though kong, no where in the rules did it say that the game couldnt be nigh impossible, and infact the rules clearly state the due process if a situation like this arises. It was obviously a slightly underhanded selection (we are v.b. though, what did you expect?) but I think that we at least wait until people bust their thumbs on it. Let it stay until the rest of the games are completed, then change it if the teams have all cried uncle.
---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------
If the teams do all cry uncle, then I'd suggest removing the game completely and awarding the victory to whoever finished the rest of the games first, rather than some mad scramble to finish it in full mode.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-02-2010, 12:03 AM
|
#256
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
|
but I think that we at least wait until people bust their thumbs on it. Let it stay until the rest of the games are completed, then change it if the teams have all cried uncle.
|
So in other words you think we should keep it until the teams catch up to each other? I thought this was a contest, if a game is probably going to be removed it should be sooner rather than later. Otherwise it's an unfair disadvantage to the teams in the lead.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:07 AM
|
#257
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
The way I see it, if the game is going to be removed eventually then the only purpose delaying that would have is to benefit VB because one of their games is unbeatable and MM because none of the other teams can finish until we give the OK to skip the game.
Otherwise, MM and VB can vote to keep 1945 until we have beaten all other 11 games and then change our vote and win while the other teams were just sitting there waiting for us to change our vote.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:09 AM
|
#258
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Yeah, either remove it now or not at all to be fair. I would hope people would be in favor of removing it. I don't think we wanna drag this out until one team gets lucky and beats it.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:15 AM
|
#259
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Oh, and my suggested penalty is only if you change your vote. If you are confident you you will eventually beat it then there is no need to worry about it.
I do think the challenge of the first level or two of 1945 is fun.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:32 AM
|
#260
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Mj23 beat startropics for MM. 
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:36 AM
|
#261
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I have not conferred with my team about this, but I challenge anyone from the Breed to beat this game in the next 24 hours. Hell, I'll give you 48 hours. If you can't beat the game (which I don't think you can) it should either be removed, or moved to full mode. I'm good either way.
In my view, we are all playing under the assumption the Breed believe they can beat this game. If they didn't they wouldn't have selected this game because it would be impossible for them to win the tournament.
So I say it's put up or shut up time. 48 hours. Get to work! 
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

03-02-2010, 12:44 AM
|
#262
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I don't like that Tanc. Any delay gives an unfair advantage. I really think we need to make a decision now not later.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:47 AM
|
#263
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Well I just got further than I ever have, level 4 of 8 levels, and see cawks got a super huge high score of 2.5 mill or so, I dont understand why we are suggesting to get rid of it before people have really put some effort in. And the ultimatum is basically blackmail, "here you go team leaders, vote to keep the game and potentailly blow the whole contest for your team, or vote to eliminate the game and everything is fine."
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-02-2010, 12:56 AM
|
#264
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
Well I just got further than I ever have, level 4 of 8 levels."
|
That's great! Only 4 more levels to go.  This game isn't Battletoads where you can memorize patterns and advance.
@ Dudebro - How about 24 hours? It will take that long for all of us to make a decision. Pretty much all I'm saying is they can't beat the game either.
Officially, I vote to move the game to Full Mode.
|
My Signature |
|
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!

03-02-2010, 12:58 AM
|
#265
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I think the ultimatum is needed here because the ability to delay the contest could be game breaking. I know it would bother me if this game was eventually removed and it altered the flow of the contest.
Maybe Tanc is right and 24 hours is a good time to wait. Even then it could give some teams more time then they have earned.
Edit- So yeah I can agree with you Tanc. I have no chance with this game either way I'm just arguing against any unnecessary delay that might ruin this contest.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 12:59 AM
|
#266
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
so how excatly do we "earn time"?
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-02-2010, 01:05 AM
|
#267
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Mainly just time spent trying to beat a game that was probably going to be removed anyways. Sorry if it sounded rude. I just think that if we assume we'll have to remove it we should do it now so we can get on with the contest.
Edit-
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Kong
if the game is going to be removed eventually then the only purpose delaying that would have is to benefit VB because one of their games is unbeatable and MM because none of the other teams can finish until we give the OK to skip the game.
|
This.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 01:09 AM
|
#269
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
right here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
If the teams do all cry uncle, then I'd suggest removing the game completely and awarding the victory to whoever finished the rest of the games first, rather than some mad scramble to finish it in full mode.
|
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-02-2010, 01:23 AM
|
#271
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Didnt all the teams have an equal oppurtunity to choose games which would give them an advantage in this tourney? Isnt that the meaning of this type of tournament? I mean I spent 3 days playing defender of the crown, hours on end until I became good enough to beat it.
24 hours might seem fair to you guys but to me its a little unfair. Personally I havent even played it more than 5 minutes due to Dotc. So for me to pick up and play and beat it 24 hours seems crazy. If I told one to beat Dotc in 24 hours without ever playing it they would laugh at me.
|
|
|
03-02-2010, 01:28 AM
|
#272
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
First post updated
gom = 9
vb = 7
ec = 7
mm = 4
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 01:29 AM
|
#273
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
I can see your point Dojah. If the same were said about Ogre Battle I'd be unhappy about it. Like I said I can't handle this type of game anyways so I'm not a good judge of it's difficulty. I'm just against the delay if it comes up.
|
My Signature |
|
03-02-2010, 01:36 AM
|
#274
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
see cawks got a super huge high score of 2.5 mill or so,"
|
"See cawks"? Was that a gross misspelling or a lewd insult in disguise?
|
|
|
03-02-2010, 01:44 AM
|
#275
|
|
|
Re: Team Marathon II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
"See cawks"? Was that a gross misspelling or a lewd insult in disguise?
|
Well I needed to balance out the compliment that was in the same sentence you see...
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.
|