Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Team Contests The 4 Retro Uprising teams do battle in a team contest about once a month.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Contests > Team Contests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #226
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

For the hell of it.

*Hexes TNTisKING*
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-28-2008, 03:37 AM   #227
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

If you liked Dragon Crystal then try Fatal Labyrinth for Genesis - it is not online.

If you don't have the bushido blade then you have to avoid the orbs. The orbs give you lots of experience points (I think) so it is good to get the bushido blade early on.

It is helpful to reset until you end up in a room with a food ring and a sword.

Did you spend any money on continues? or submit on your first death?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #228
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Those orbs can rust your weapons. I think the blue one can be fixed but the red can't. Best to avoid them if you can.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #229
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
If you liked Dragon Crystal then try Fatal Labyrinth for Genesis - it is not online.

If you don't have the bushido blade then you have to avoid the orbs. The orbs give you lots of experience points (I think) so it is good to get the bushido blade early on.

It is helpful to reset until you end up in a room with a food ring and a sword.

Did you spend any money on continues? or submit on your first death?
If by ORB's you mean the eyeballs, they were easy to kill. (I did have the Bushido Blade, though) If by Orbs you mean the Clouds, they are nearly impossible to killl. I think the high level cloud is called Death Mist. I bumped into 2 or 3 of those bad daddies and they killed me in about 2 seconds.

I did not use continues. In a previous run, I had used a continue at about 1,500 points. It set me back a few hundred gold, but even worse I lost all my potions and stuff. I think it's nearly impossible to recover after that, so I just submitted after my first death.

@Dudebro: That high score is off limits. You stay away!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #230
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

I submitted at first death to much of a waist to submit after a continue

and the orbs we are talking about are the mysts/clouds
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 08-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #231
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Wow Tanc I just checked and you got to floor 22. There's only 30 levels, good job. I'll try sometime to beat it but it's been a long time, you might have this one for a few months.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #232
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Oasis will be are call back. we might change that later.

I might be late posting the results and next game. It is PGA golf 96 for genesis.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #233
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

this game has some pretty bad graphic glitches I cant see anything ...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #234
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Sorry I'm late

First post updated.

27th Round - Space Invaders '91

TNTisKING - Grumpy Old Men - 40460
Kong - Mega Men - 28940 - Eliminated

Mega Men have been eliminated. Game over.

Grumpy Old Men get first place. Mega Men get second. Shining Force get third.

Congratulations everyone.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #235
tanc24's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,215 posts
tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.tanc24 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
tanc24

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Hooray! Nice job TNT! You were an absolute stud this competition.

Great competition Kong. The game choices and format were spot on.
All teams put up a good fight, but the Grumpy Old Men were finally able to lock up a victory.

Congrats, team!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Proud member of the GRUMPY OLD MEN!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #236
oasis's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,160 posts
oasis has been properly raised to the rank of average
View Stats
 
oasis

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

good game everyone
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
List of Games I have Beaten Click Here
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 AM   #237
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Great game everyone and congratulations Grumpy Old Men! ;D
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 AM   #238
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

I didn't do very well this contest but I think my hexes were crucial to victory.

Good job GOM.
Good job everyone else too, this contest seemed more like a contest. People were battling.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #239
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Tails' hexes were no match for the hexing power of Dudebro!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:46 AM   #240
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

So what did you think of this contest? The good the bad? The things that should have been done different? The things that were done right and should be done again? Did you find any new games that you love or hate because of this contest?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #241
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
So what did you think of this contest? The good the bad? The things that should have been done different? The things that were done right and should be done again? Did you find any new games that you love or hate because of this contest?
Only two games I liked during this contest, too many shooter and sports crap, We should use the dodgeball way, it just seemed to be Tenser/Sabby's favorite genre and literally one beatemup. I think the RPG games should be checked beforehand. basically this contest for me sucked.

First contest - DD2
Second - TMNT 3
Third - nothing I liked.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #242
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

I got sick of all the calling back in. I also was really sick of the shining force call back game but that was unexpected.

Other than that I liked this contest. I disagree with Tails, I liked most of the games(or it seemed like more than previous contests).


Also am I the only one who thinks the trophy for this contest looks like a dog taking a dump?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #243
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I got sick of all the calling back in. I also was really sick of the shining force call back game but that was unexpected.

Other than that I liked this contest. I disagree with Tails, I liked most of the games(or it seemed like more than previous contests).
So, you liked the sports games? They are boring, Shooters are alright just too many and not my thing.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-29-2008, 02:40 AM   #244
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Also am I the only one who thinks the trophy for this contest looks like a dog taking a dump?
It is a dog eliminating himself. It is not easy to come up with a graphical representation of all the different awards.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #245
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
Also am I the only one who thinks the trophy for this contest looks like a dog taking a dump?
It is a dog eliminating himself. It is not easy to come up with a graphical representation of all the different awards.
LMAO!!!!!!

The best badge from the contests have been the Dodgeball ones.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-29-2008, 03:04 AM   #246
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

So is this trophy supposed to represent GOM taking a dump on you guys or are we being called dog crap?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:12 AM   #247
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
So is this trophy supposed to represent GOM taking a dump on you guys or are we being called dog crap?
<insert what you want to believe here.>
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 AM   #248
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

The reason there are a lot of shooters is because the genre nearly always records a score.

For the record, I don't like shooters either.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 AM   #249
Tails's Avatar
 
Tails

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
The reason there are a lot of shooters is because the genre nearly always records a score.

For the record, I don't like shooters either.


I thought you loved them?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote


Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #250
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Team Contest III - Elimination I - Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
The reason there are a lot of shooters is because the genre nearly always records a score.

For the record, I don't like shooters either.


I thought you loved them?
I find them really boring. I'm just the best one equipped on my team to play them. Anyone who knows me on here can tell you I'm a huge fan of the adventure genre.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Contest III - Elimination I Kong Team Contests 104 08-19-2008 05:24 PM
Team Contest II - Dodgeball I Player/Ball Status oasis Team Contests 102 06-11-2008 10:32 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS