| All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online. |
|
|
View Poll Results: Are you getting a 3DS?
|
|
Yes
|
  
|
23 |
33.82% |
|
Yes but not around launch
|
  
|
15 |
22.06% |
|
Undecided
|
  
|
11 |
16.18% |
|
No
|
  
|
19 |
27.94% |
03-13-2014, 11:02 PM
|
#1677
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Now if they'd just get rid of those stupid band-aids.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
03-15-2014, 06:36 PM
|
#1678
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Convinced my brother to split the money for Bravely Default with me, so I now have it. Though he'll probably play the majority of the time for now while I try and beat RF4 lol.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
|
#1679
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Great buy, Crispy. I'm on the final chapter now.
|
My Signature |
|
03-16-2014, 01:00 AM
|
#1680
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I've heard great things, can't wait to play.
Also, I beat the Sarcophagus boss and got to the first "credits". So I imagine I'm like 1/3 done?
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-16-2014, 03:33 PM
|
#1681
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Yeah, you're about 1/3 done with the main story. You're now in the second chapter. This chapter is really open ended. Here you should focus on raising your friendship levels with the townsfolk, increasing your skills, doing town events, and completing the requests. The skills you should be focusing on now are farming, cooking, and chemistry. This is especially true if you've hit the ceiling for items you can craft and forge from Leon Karnak.
Chapter two is so different and open ended that chapter three may begin during it. Chapter three begins at a random time and you'll know you've hit it when everything starts to really focus on Venti.
---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------
Just cleared Bravely Default today. Got the true ending and I must say, the post ending movie was friggen' awesome.
Hype!
|
My Signature |
|
03-16-2014, 04:31 PM
|
#1682
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
True ending?
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-16-2014, 05:14 PM
|
#1683
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Yeah, there's a second ending in the game that you can get if you skip some of the chapters. Basically you can skip to the chapter 9 anywhere in chapters 5-8 but if you do you don't get the best ending.
|
My Signature |
|
03-16-2014, 05:35 PM
|
#1684
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Oh okay, so the bad ending is for them slackers 
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
03-20-2014, 11:19 AM
|
#1685
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Yumi's Odd Odyssey is out today.
Also a Conception II Demo.
|
My Signature |
|
03-31-2014, 10:17 AM
|
#1686
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Square Enix To Focus Less on the 'Global Aspect' Following Bravely Default Success in the West
Square Enix To Focus Less on the 'Global Aspect' Following Bravely Default Success in the West - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life
Quote:
Not just limited to games for smartphone or console, but we do have some global titles lined up. However, regardless of whether they’re for smartphone or console, there’s a difficult element to developing global titles, so we’ll be making them without focusing too much on the ‘global’ aspect.
For example, in the past, when we developed console games with a worldwide premise, we lost our focus, and not only did they end up being games that weren’t for the Japanese, but they ended up being incomplete titles that weren’t even fit for a global audience.
On the other hand, there are games like the JRPG we made for the Japanese audience with the proper elements, Bravely Default, which ended up selling well all around the world.
Due to having split [the development mindset] according to regions around the world, we weren’t able to see this clearly up until now, but fans of JRPGs are really spread around the world. Through the means of various networks, the latest information that is announced in Japan is instantaneously being spread across fans throughout the world. Whether it’s North America, Europe, or South America. There really isn’t much of a gap [in the relay of information].
With that in mind, and all of the collective fans, there’s a sense of mass, which loses the image of a niche market. For the new games we’ll be developing from this point on, while this may sound a bit extreme, we’ve been talking about making them as heavy JRPGs. I believe that way, we can better focus on our target, which will also bring better results.
|
|
My Signature |
|
03-31-2014, 02:16 PM
|
#1687
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Very cool.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
04-01-2014, 12:33 AM
|
#1688
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
You're an RPG company with a long history of grand RPGs. Actually releasing your new RPG worldwide with proper marketing made you more money. Fancy that!
Well, hopefully they learned something from this.
|
|
|
04-10-2014, 06:13 PM
|
#1689
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU"]Tomodachi Life Direct 4.10.14 - YouTube[/ame]
Want.
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 04-10-2014 at 06:28 PM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
04-10-2014, 08:03 PM
|
#1690
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
What the eff did I just watch
I am 25 and what is this
Last edited by Seahawk; 04-10-2014 at 08:32 PM..
|
|
|
04-10-2014, 08:36 PM
|
#1691
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
So it's a cross between Animal Crossing, Sims and the weird side of Japan? Gotta give credit where credit is due, Nintendo sure knows how to bring the silly.
|
My Signature |
|
04-11-2014, 08:47 PM
|
#1692
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
It definitely looks like it could be pretty entertaining, I like that it looks like there's going to be a lot to do in it, I mean, I love Animal Crossing but you really can't do much
|
|
|
04-11-2014, 11:44 PM
|
#1693
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZZbEBGirjE"]Tomodachi Life - Morgan Freeman sings a song - YouTube[/ame]
|
|
|
04-12-2014, 12:03 AM
|
#1694
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
I don't think I've been so intrigued by a game in my life. That is to say, I've never been so excited for a game that confused me more than... wait no... I've never seen a game that made me want to buy it without... no that's not right either. I think I will buy this game, because I want to be friends with Regginator.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
04-12-2014, 12:13 AM
|
#1695
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Same, I think this is the first time I'm actually thinking I should buy a game based on sheer WTF factor.

|
|
|
04-12-2014, 02:03 AM
|
#1696
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencassidy13
|
Is that Shiggy using the Kinect at 3:49?
Last edited by Slime Slayer; 04-12-2014 at 02:15 AM..
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
04-17-2014, 11:44 AM
|
#1697
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
■Mario Kart 7
■Super Mario 3D Land
■New Super Mario Bros. 2
■Animal Crossing: New Leaf
■Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
are all permanently price dropped to 30$ at both retail and eShop.
--
Mario Golf Wolf Tour info trailer, in Japanese since our fantastic usa branch doesn't have one.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfwSZnkfpE"]マリオゴルフ ワールドツアー 紹介æ˜*åƒ - YouTube[/ame]
You should check out Nintendo JP's youtube channel, a lot of cool stuff there. https://www.youtube.com/user/NintendoJPofficial/videos
Try not to get jealous at their selection of games you'll never play over here.
Last edited by Seahawk; 04-17-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Reason: Youtube link embed fix
|
|
|
04-21-2014, 11:09 PM
|
#1698
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Finally got around to beating Rune Factory 4 (main story at least). Just played Bravely Default for the first time. Only for like half an hour. I already had high expectations from the way the demo went and the rave reviews. I'm sure I'll have a blast with it.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
04-22-2014, 08:01 PM
|
#1699
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Nintendo becomes a modern video game company! Season Pass in Mario Golf.
5.99$/pack, 14.99$ for the season pass
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Nintendo PR
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nintendo is offering players the opportunity to nearly double the amount of content they can play in the Mario Golf: World Tour game, which launches May 2 for the portable Nintendo 3DS system. With 10 courses and 126 holes (an amount equivalent to previous games in the franchise), extensive multiplayer modes as well as regional and worldwide tournaments, the main game offers plenty of content for golf fans already. But players who can’t get enough golf and want to expand their experiences can purchase up to a total of 108 new downloadable holes and additional Mushroom Kingdom golfers. The DLC opens up further challenging courses for players to enjoy as they test their skills (broadband Internet access is required).
“We’re letting fans expand their experience with Mario Golf: World Tour,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Some players might be content hitting the links on the numerous courses already included with the game, while others will appreciate the option of being able to add to their fairway fun with new courses and characters.”
The downloadable content for the game will be released in three separate packs: the Mushroom Pack launching on May 2, the Flower Pack launching later in May and the Star Pack launching in June. Each pack includes two new 18-hole courses and a new playable character. Players will receive Toadette with the Mushroom Pack, Nabbit with the Flower Pack and Rosalina with the Star Pack.
Each pack will be available for $5.99 from Toad’s Booth, which can be found in the main menu of the game. Mario Golf: World Tour owners who know they want to buy all three add-on packs can buy a Season Pass at a discounted rate of $14.99 starting May 2. Season Pass holders will get access to each new pack as it becomes available, and will receive a special bonus of Gold Mario as a playable character at the time of purchase. Gold Mario has a special Golden Flower shot that gains coins for every yard it travels. For those who purchase all three packs individually, Gold Mario will also be available once all packs have been released. Nintendo will also offer Trial Tournaments for consumers interested in trying out a sample of the downloadable courses before deciding to purchase. Consumers who own the game and download the Trial Pack will be able to participate in these online tournaments.
|
|
|
|
04-30-2014, 11:07 PM
|
#1700
|
|
|
Re: 3DS Members List
Bravely Default is a blast. I'm not too far in, I just got to Ancheim and finished that first side quest there. I'm using Knight, White Mage, Thief, Black Mage at the moment. So far what I expected. The cutscenes are pretty cool and the characters are interesting.
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 AM.
|