Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
RU Games Discussions for just Retro Uprising games.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > RU Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Orthodox's Avatar
Regular Poster
13 posts
Orthodox is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Orthodox

I've grown soft!

Man.........I believe I've grown soft on years of playing the 'next' generation consoles. I am playing these old NES and SNES games and I am totally getting knocked around! It is crazy! I used to beat these games when I was like 10-13 and now I am just getting nailed! What is up with that? I think the games on the old systems are definitely harder than the current crop of games.

Right now I'm playing Castlevania. I got past the Grim Reaper boss, but I am stuck on the stage after him. And I only got that far because I used the save function in such a way where I could fight the Grim Reaper about a dozen times (or more) so that I could beat him eventually.

Also, I'm playing Battletoads on the SNES, and I'm stuck on the second level! just the second level!! what?!! It is that part where you descend down a hollowed out tree on a metal hovering disc. I do alright until you start to descend rapidly and then I get cut to ribbons by the pointy logs jutting out into the hollowed out tree.

Is there any hope for me?! Or have I 'gone soft' for good?!
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone enjoy Soft Rock? RedGlory Chat 3 01-26-2008 01:07 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS