Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Chat Whatever.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Chat

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

To recommend a book

I have been reading a book called "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. I was told that Dave Eggers was a great author from a rapper I am a fan of, and I figure good writers have good taste in writers, so I checked out this book (the only by him at my library).

It is a novel/autobiography, which confused me until I read the prelude, which said that the guy it is about told his story to Dave Eggers, who then wrote a novel based on this guys life, but alos about him. Kind of a weird concept I guess.

It is about a guy who was a refugee in Sudan after the civil war broke out, and all the things he had to go through to get where he is today. In the book he lives in Atlanta in present day.

It is a very interesting read, very well written, and I would recommend it to anyone that finds the story of a Sudanese refugee appealing in the slightest.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I finally finished my book! Some Dude X Chat 8 04-29-2009 11:38 AM
Recommend me a Wii game Kugyince All Other Games 100 02-22-2009 10:35 PM
I recommend Linux Tagen Help 6 02-05-2009 04:10 AM
The Iron Ring (book)/Some good games david man45 Chat 0 06-21-2008 10:53 AM
Song of Ice and Fire (Book) SofaBoy Chat 0 06-21-2008 05:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS