Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
Forum Games Multi-player text games played by posting.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Other > Forum Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
Kong's Avatar
 
Kong

Quotes

Post cool quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Need Some Help Finding Movie Quotes TrakMastaTom Help 11 05-12-2010 06:21 PM
Top 10 quotes of the 8-bit era immortalized Kugyince Scoop 0 05-02-2010 07:47 PM
Quotes SSBBrawler Forum Games 19 02-25-2009 06:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS