Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Gamecube Memory Card help

Just noticed my memory card has been acting a bit strange lately. I haven't had issues with a Gamecube memory card since a Madcatz one back in like 2004. Those are notorious for failing though so I've heard.

I think my memory card is corrupted, but its being somewhat odd about it. Most games I try are fine, but then will randomly tell me the data is corrupted at some point and needs to be erased. Only for that one game however at the time it will need to be erased and a new file made. All my games seem to be suffering this fate one by one, maybe not right off the bat, but they do eventually, and when they do the memory card is insistent on considering them corrupt from then on in.

I have finally received the message that my memory card needs to be formatted twice in succession when using my wii. Both times I said okay, and it told me that "The format may not have worked". I tried to get it to ask me again, and it wouldn't. It just began showing all my save data. Just took my memory card to my gamecube and it acted normal again as well. To my knowledge the only way to format a memory card is to have it ask you.

I'm tempted to purposely take the memory card out while saving a game so I can get the format message again, but that may do more harm than good?

Memory card is an official Nintendo white memory card 1019 block which is equal to 64 mb I believe.

Losing my data is not an issue, I copied most of my important games to my other unofficial 512 block memory card to be used at a friends house and have all my data on it. So all I'm losing is games I don't mind restarting (or action replaying back to unlock everything).

Memory card looks like this:



Any help would be great.

Last edited by CatalystiCam; 03-14-2012 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Theoretical: Memory Wipes or Capital Punishment? DrunkN Chat 26 12-26-2011 03:04 PM
The Nintendo Gamecube (Review) CatalystiCam Reviews 43 05-19-2010 04:41 PM
Adding memory to my computer. count100 Help 9 10-29-2009 02:24 PM
Gamecube games get a New Play Control Some Dude X All Other Games 17 03-25-2009 10:01 AM
gamecube recommendations mj23 All Other Games 33 02-23-2009 09:15 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS