Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Squall's Avatar
Regular Poster
903 posts
Squall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan clubSquall deserves a fan club
View Stats
 
Squall

Virtual Console reccomendations

just wondered why this hadnt been mentioned...

anyway, i have:
SMB3
TLOZ
Metroid
Paper Mario
LOZ:OOT

on my waiting list:
SMRPG
S Metroid
BoF2
Lylat Wars
LoZ:LttP
SMW
MK64
DK Country
SM64

any others?

P.S. its a fairly long list!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

NES:
Donkey Kong
Kid Icarus
Tecmo Bowl
Exitebike
Ice Climber
Mario Bros.
Punch-Out!!!
Mach Rider
Kirby's Adventure
Ballon Fight
Galaga
Castlevania
Mega Man
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man

SNES:
F-Zero
Sim City

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

River City Ransom.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
River City Ransom.
I forgot, thanks
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
Ashums's Avatar
Regular Poster
192 posts
Ashums is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
Ashums

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejamesbond
NES:
Donkey Kong
Kid Icarus
Tecmo Bowl
Exitebike
Ice Climber
Mario Bros.
Punch-Out!!!
Mach Rider
Kirby's Adventure
Ballon Fight
Galaga
Castlevania
Mega Man
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man

SNES:
F-Zero
Sim City
You beat me to it!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
NintendoNerds's Avatar
Regular Poster
133 posts
NintendoNerds is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
NintendoNerds

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

AWESOME!! I found the thread here. I was going to make a topic for this but found it. Here are a few I would recommend:

- Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)
- Super Mario RPG (VC)
- Tecmo Bowl (VC)
- Double Dragon (VC)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
david man45's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
david man45

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Techmo was already posted . I would have to dissagree with Samejamesbond with recommending Ballon Fight. I didn't enjoy the game at all.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #8
NintendoNerds's Avatar
Regular Poster
133 posts
NintendoNerds is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
NintendoNerds

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by david man45
Techmo was already posted . I would have to dissagree with Samejamesbond with recommending Ballon Fight. I didn't enjoy the game at all.
I was making a personal recommendation. I thought Ballon Fight was pretty decent for it's time. I mean...it was released in 1986 you know.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #9
david man45's Avatar
Regular Poster
1,660 posts
david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.david man45 intelligence, kindness, and good looks are blinding.
View Stats
 
david man45

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

I still didn't like it. I never liked those types of games much.
And I would like to personally recommend Galaga also. Galaga, Space Invaders, Galaxians... There all good.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Adventure Island

Mega Man 9
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 12-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

NES:
River city ransom
City Connection
Punchout!!
Zelda
Zelda II

Snes:
DKC
DKC 3

Genesis:
Sonic the hedgehog II
Sonic Spinball
Sonic The Hedgehog III

N64:
Mario kart 64
Zelda Ocarina
Starfox 64
1080
F-Zero X
Paper Mario

Yes I like the vc but they aren't releasing enough these days
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #12
laserboy1134's Avatar
Regular Poster
612 posts
laserboy1134 is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
laserboy1134

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

my problem with retro via virtual console is saving. On the games where you can save, if you're wii gets unplugged, data gets deleted.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
<br />Help me raise my Habamon!<br /><br /><br /><br />Link: Well Exscuuuse Me princess!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #13
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Must be something wrong with it then, I unplug mine every night so it doesn't overheat, and none of my data has gone away, the only problem I have is with snes dkc, you know where you had to hold on the run button and jump with the other, I didn't see the point in getting the classic controller but the problem is if you use the gc controller, You have to reach from y to b, So picture me with my right hand index finger on the b button, and middle finger on the y button, it sucks.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Yeah, I wish they would have allowed you to configure the VC controls. But, people wouldn't have bought the classic controllers then, would they?
The only problem I have with the one VC game I've downloaded (MK64) is that the original game required a controller pack to save ghosts, and there is no way to use a controller pack on the wii. It seems like it wouldn't have been that hard to fix that problem so you could just save the ghosts to the wii, but its not that big a deal I guess.

Also, I would recommend anyone who either hasn't played it or doesn't own it to download Super Mario RPG. I haven't downloaded it because I still have it for my SNES, but no one should pass up the opportunity to buy this amazing game for only 8 bucks.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #15
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

that is another thing they over fee it should be like 500 for snes/genesis and 300 for nes, I don't have to buy any mario games I have 64 ds, 3 copies of super mario world, and super mario allstars ;D
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #16
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Have you ever played Mario RPG? Its not just any mario game, its the best one of all time! Really if you haven't played it, download it, its only $8 and is well worth it. And I don't think the games are overpriced, they do have to make a profit, and can you get actually copies of most of those games anywhere else that cheap? Well, the crappier ones maybe :P
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #17
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

I only play the ones I remember, except paper mario, but that is because the gamecube one was wicked, and I guess they aren't overpriced, considering n64 games at eb games are 14.99
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #18
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

If you liked Paper Mario then you would love Mario RPG. Paper Mario was basically a sequel to mario RPG.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Well I was a bit surprised I guess I bought it thinking it was good of course and it is but they took out the best part that was in the thousand year old door, It was the original(n64 one) But there was no pressing b or a to counter attack or dodge, or no winding up with the hammer, those were essential parts of the thousand year old door
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #20
TNTisKING's Avatar
Regular Poster
451 posts
TNTisKING is the posterchild for noob
View Stats
 
TNTisKING

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Are you talking about Mario RPG? There are still timed hits, they're just harder and less noticeable than in paper mario. If you get the timed hits right on attacks, it makes a certain noise that's really hard to describe. Some of the attacks will do something different too, like if you get the timing down with the hammer you'll hit them twice. You can also defend by pressing b at the right time, if you do it right, Mario will cover his head or something when he gets hit instead of falling back or whaterver he normall does.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #21
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

on my vc, i have mario 64, starfox 64, and zelda oot.

the way i see it, you are an absolute fool to purchase any nes or snes games on the vc, considered there are other "free" options which i won't mention for playing those games.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #22
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

I don't know of any snes websites, and you aren't a fool, some games are too tricky to play on the internet, like punchout, and city connection,

I think kong should add snes games soon, maybe in that big update, I would take names in super mario world and S.O.S. and all top gears ;D
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #23
TrakMastaTom's Avatar
Regular Poster
2,265 posts
TrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just rightTrakMastaTom is kissing everybody's bum just right
View Stats
Send a message via AIM to TrakMastaTom
 
TrakMastaTom

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
Must be something wrong with it then, I unplug mine every night so it doesn't overheat, and none of my data has gone away, the only problem I have is with snes dkc, you know where you had to hold on the run button and jump with the other, I didn't see the point in getting the classic controller but the problem is if you use the gc controller, You have to reach from y to b, So picture me with my right hand index finger on the b button, and middle finger on the y button, it sucks.
I totally feel you on that one. I am still mad that I bought that game. Frankly it pisses me off that they sell games and say you can play them on th GC controller, but then you buy them and the controls are virtually broken. I was going to play that game so much, but I haven't touched it since I bought it. I wish I could get a refund...
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
TMT Raps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
I have no idea what's going on but it's kind of weird.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #24
CatalystiCam's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,044 posts
CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!CatalystiCam has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
CatalystiCam

Re: Virtual Console reccomendations

I play it a lot, I have 1 and 3(2 is on my gba )my fingers just get sore lol
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what do you have on your virtual console? CatalystiCam All Other Games 23 07-14-2009 05:38 PM
GDC: Finally, the Virtual Console Fridge No Longer Feels So Crowded Kong Scoop 0 03-27-2009 02:27 AM
Psst -- Virtual Console Games Are Great Again Kong Scoop 0 03-27-2009 02:27 AM
Secret of Mana to Virtual Console Tails All Other Games 3 11-14-2008 05:59 PM
Super Mario RPG to Virtual Console Tails All Other Games 12 09-06-2008 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.

» vBadvanced CMPS