| Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming. |
|
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
|
I agree. I love the old systems, and I own the majority of them (not all but most), but even so, I will not pay that kind of money for a complete game just so I can say I have it.
I have a bunch of NES that I wish I had boxes for, but it not having a game box doesn't stop the game from being fun.
I would feel guilty if I spent that much money on a cartridge. I would think of all the other things I could do with the money.
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-13-2010, 11:34 PM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
I know, but you're lucky if you happen to own a really rare game and are unaware. Just a while ago, my brother informed me of an extremely rare game that we own. Unfortunately it was from the 90s but I have the case for it... Yet no instructions
I'm going to hold onto it for a decade since it's only worth 100-200 dollars at the moment.
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 12:51 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I know, but you're lucky if you happen to own a really rare game and are unaware. Just a while ago, my brother informed me of an extremely rare game that we own. Unfortunately it was from the 90s but I have the case for it... Yet no instructions
I'm going to hold onto it for a decade since it's only worth 100-200 dollars at the moment.
|
You're just itching to get robbed huh? :P
I'm just saying, you brag so much about owning rare stuff, say where you're moving, it honestly might be an issue if you keep on saying what you own, since RU is getting more known on the net now.
|
My Signature |
|
04-14-2010, 03:45 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
The worst part is that most collectors with huge collections don't play the games.
|
My Signature |
|
04-14-2010, 07:52 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenser
The worst part is that most collectors with huge collections don't play the games.
|
So true, the MAME developers have huge problems like this trying to get people to stop hoarding their arcade PCBs (and other storage medias) so that the ROMS can be dumped for back up. Basically they have this attitude in the following pic.
Most of them don't even care if they can't play the games in general, sometimes keeping them until the components go bad and it becomes unplayable. They just want it to feel elite.
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Yeah, it's pretty dumb. What happened to the love of the game?
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
I never say specifically where I'm moving for that reason Tails  I say the province but not the city. No one knows my real name so I'm cautious.
besides, it aint worth much right now.
---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawk
So true, the MAME developers have huge problems like this trying to get people to stop hoarding their arcade PCBs (and other storage medias) so that the ROMS can be dumped for back up. Basically they have this attitude in the following pic.
Most of them don't even care if they can't play the games in general, sometimes keeping them until the components go bad and it becomes unplayable. They just want it to feel elite.
|
I could never understand keeping something in a box for the sake of not opening it.
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 10:33 AM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
I never say specifically where I'm moving for that reason Tails  I say the province but not the city. No one knows my real name so I'm cautious.
besides, it aint worth much right now.
---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------
I could never understand keeping something in a box for the sake of not opening it.
|
I'm the same way Cam. When I was younger I would collect things like Star Wars figures, but I almost always opened them. I just didn't see why I would buy something I liked and not open it. Actually that's true with a lot of things in life, but I digress.
I can understand if someone sees it as an investment, but if you then keep it forever what's the point?
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Don't get me wrong though, I've thought aboout buying like an unopened N64, Snes whatever just for the enjoyment of unboxing them and keeping the box but that's not to say I wouldn't play it. Wish I did this back in the day along with my brothers. out of all the N64 and snes games we have only one that still has the box: Jurassic Park 2 on snes.
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
Don't get me wrong though, I've thought aboout buying like an unopened N64, Snes whatever just for the enjoyment of unboxing them and keeping the box but that's not to say I wouldn't play it. Wish I did this back in the day along with my brothers. out of all the N64 and snes games we have only one that still has the box: Jurassic Park 2 on snes.
|
I can see that perspective, but that's different than buying one just to sit it on a shelf.
Wait Cam, were you the kid that got the N64 for Christmas in that video that Cassidy posted awhile back?
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
My Dad got a crap load of SNES with instruction/box from a Yard Sale.
@Cam: I thought you were moving up to a lake or something?
|
My Signature |
|
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
|
@Cam: I thought you were moving up to a lake or something?
|
My grandparents have had a place at a great lake since the 70's before it was popular and expensive. I'm not moving there though, just closer so we don't have to drive 10 hours every day to go there in the summer.
Quote:
|
Wait Cam, were you the kid that got the N64 for Christmas in that video that Cassidy posted awhile back?
|
What do you mean?
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 12:37 PM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
I'm just starting to collect NES games for my personal use. I got a sweet deal for Mario Bros. 3, Megaman 2 and Silver Surfer for just $16. I'm not willing to pay more than 30 bucks for a game much less over a G like a collector would. That's just too much and like WB stated, I could use that money for something else more useful.
|
|
|
04-14-2010, 06:29 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
I only have one unopened game, an NES Crystalis. I got it for $5. I already had a copy of Crystalis but since it's my favorite NES game I couldn't pass it up.
|
My Signature |
|
04-15-2010, 12:31 PM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Cam who though old rare video games from Atari could be worth so much I was quite surprised myself. 
|
My Signature |
|
04-15-2010, 01:58 PM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
I'm hoping PS1 gets to that point eventually. Team buddies is probably one of the only games I care for on the PS1 and it's so much fun. I'd have a hard time giving it up.
|
|
|
04-15-2010, 04:58 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3ron36
What do you mean?
|
He meant this video-
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU]YouTube - Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR[/ame]
It's funny because I saw this the other day on Tosh.O and I thought of posting it jokingly about you. They showed the kid nowdays and I'm pretty sure it's not you.
|
My Signature |
|
04-15-2010, 05:33 PM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
He meant this video-
YouTube - Nintendo Sixty-FOOOOOOOOOOUR
It's funny because I saw this the other day on Tosh.O and I thought of posting it jokingly about you. They showed the kid nowdays and I'm pretty sure it's not you.
|
Thanks for posting that DB. I couldn't remember what thread it was in to link to. I would like to see the kid now. That would be cool to see if he was still playing Nintendo sixty-fourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
|
My Signature |
|
Holy Jacket of Smite!
04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Google search Tosh.o n64 kid and you'll find it. I tried to link it directly but it said "video no longer available, but I heard your mom is" 
|
My Signature |
|
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Lol, no. I would've been really young like 5 and I'm pretty sure my bros were there and they opened it. That wasn't me... Thankfully 
|
|
|
04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
Hey that kid may be slightly embarrassed but he got 50k from some company to use that in a commercial. I wouldn't mind getting paid that much for one of my home movies. 
|
My Signature |
|
04-15-2010, 09:07 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Atari 2600 Air Raid cartridge sells for $31,600
well, yeah. If you got payed for it. 
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.
|