10-01-2011, 02:10 AM
|
#1
|
|
|
Greatest Guitar Solos
In response to bearhawk's cover thread, I was wonder what do you guys think are the greatest guitar solos?
Here's one of my favorites:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYiahoYfPGk]Time - Pink Floyd + Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2011, 01:24 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZbUaxsB3WQ]Steely Dan 2006-Bodhisattva - YouTube[/ame]
i can list many more, so far this is just my fav.
|
My Signature |
|
10-08-2011, 01:37 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Steely Dan has always been an awesome group, what other solos you got?
Here's another one of my favorites:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAWReBmxEs]Deep Purple-Child in Time - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2011, 01:52 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Thats a classic
but heres another fav
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nmOMo4OPi4"]Rush - yyz - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
10-08-2011, 01:56 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
YYZ is epic, the live version has such an awesome drum solo.
It really shows how skilled Rush is as a band.
Here's a classic from Eddie Van Halen:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rScqTO-zZVs]Michael Jackson-Beat It Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2011, 02:06 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
i've always believed that was eddies best solo
heres one from the lead singer of the german band, warlock, gone solo
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn08UDvp_eY&feature=related"]Doro - Running from the devil 2009 - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
10-08-2011, 02:13 AM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Never heard that solo, but it was pretty good.
One of my favorite guitarists was Stevie Ray Vaughn, and this is my favorite solo:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3159YIe2OU]Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood (Remastered 1999) - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-08-2011, 02:26 AM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Man, you needed the big guns didnt you ;P
i've been hooked on this one lately
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo2Aypi0R2c]Burnin' For You - Blue Oyster Cult - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
10-08-2011, 02:31 AM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Should I be embarassed that my fovorite solo is from Razors music in Maniac Mansion?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxcBg6ki3rY]Maniac Mansion Music (NES) - Razor's Theme - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
10-08-2011, 02:39 AM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Nah it's cool.
Prince is THE most underrated guitarist:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCKVX5R848]Prince - Let's go crazy - YouTube[/ame]
I was shocked when I first herd that solo.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-12-2011, 01:53 AM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piW9MHpfCu4]The Eagles - Hotel California (with lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]
Enough said, one of the best of guitar solos
|
|
|
10-12-2011, 01:57 AM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Is it weird that I don't like guitar solos?
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2011, 02:05 AM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
That's completely fine, legendary Guitarist Johnny Ramone refused
to play solos because he hated them. Then again his guitar playing
didn't need solos, because he was that awesome:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWrb9UgzfZE&feature=fvst]The Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop live - YouTube[/ame]
But you have to at least love this solo, it's too awesome:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY]Lynyrd Skynyrd-Free bird - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-12-2011, 02:24 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
I do appreciate them but I get bored with instrument solos in general, I like the whole song and the vocals more. Solos seem like musical masturbation to me, if you're into music you'll get it if not it won't do anything for you.
Who doesn't love Freebird?
---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 AM ----------
How about a harmonica solo?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkVGClqrT4]Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - Bob Dylan - YouTube[/ame]
Might be a guitar solo in there too but I'm not sure if it counts. Either way I love the hell out of that song.
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2011, 02:25 AM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Here's what I think is the most underrated guitar solo ever.
It isn't on YouTube, but I have the MP3.
Last edited by samejamesbond; 09-30-2012 at 03:19 AM..
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-12-2011, 02:29 AM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
It's not on youtube? So it's some live version or something?
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2011, 02:32 AM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Yep, Bob Marley himself playing an epic solo live in England.
I was shocked when I first herd it.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
10-12-2011, 02:47 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Too bad it's not on youtube, I'll check it out later.
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2011, 11:03 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
i was at this concert, this isnt a guitar solo, its a chainsaw solo :P kindof a long intro though :/
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEYE0VpVof4"]Jackyl - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|
10-12-2011, 01:32 PM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro
I do appreciate them but I get bored with instrument solos in general, I like the whole song and the vocals more. Solos seem like musical masturbation to me, if you're into music you'll get it if not it won't do anything for you.
|
I think I mainly agree. Solos, no matter the instrument, are fine to me if they fit the song. I can't think of an example now, but sometimes it seems they just throw solos in there for no reason and all it does is extend a song length.
I like the flute solo in Locomotive Breath
|
|
|
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
|
#21
|
|
|
Re: Greatest Guitar Solos
Stevie Ray Vaughan being Stevie Ray Vaughan:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2t8i9mGx9c]Stevie Ray Vaughan - Rude Mood (Unplugged '90) - YouTube[/ame]
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.
|