| Scoop This section contains interesting stories found on the web, mostly to do with retro gaming. |
|
06-22-2011, 08:04 AM
|
#2
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
That's horrible 
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 08:29 AM
|
#3
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Freakin sad.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 08:40 AM
|
#4
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
That's horrible. I think that she should get a life sentence for it
|
|
|
06-22-2011, 10:14 AM
|
#5
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
That's messed up. Get your priorities straight lady.
|
|
|
06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
|
#6
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Media will of course blame video games over this.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
|
#7
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Why? The mom wasn't the one playing the game.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
|
#8
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
I don't believe some people, that's insane!
|
|
|
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
|
#9
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Wow, that's awful. What's wrong with people?  If the mom really wanted her TV not to break, she would have put the strap around the kids wrist >_> Plus, it's a five year old. They don't know what they're doing. Come on...
---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------
Quote:
|
Defense attorney Camille Abate told the Daily News that Crawford shouldn't have been charged with murder. She says the facts do not establish that Crawford tried to kill her child.
|
Quote:
|
Prosecutors say she admitted hitting the boy hard in the back and stomach over the broken TV.
|
Quote:
|
An autopsy revealed internal abdominal injuries.
|
Unbelievable >_>
|
My Signature |
|
"My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much, Jon Snow."
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
|
#10
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
It's not premeditated murder but she should be charged with manslaughter at least. If some innocent person can get charged with that for an accident then she should get it for beating her kid too hard over something trivial. I'd like to hear she got more than that but it's unrealistic.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
|
#11
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Must have been one of those flat screens, otherwise there's no way a 5 year old could break it. Either way, it's these people that are the reason people who want to have kids need to take an IQ test, this woman sounds really stupid.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 03:08 PM
|
#12
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Nah it's entirely possible for a kid to break a tube tv, especially if he lost control of the Wii controller.
|
My Signature |
|
06-22-2011, 04:10 PM
|
#13
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
I think the legal difference between manslaughter and murder is premeditated malicious intent.
Murderers plan to cause death.
If you planed to drive to the store but accidentally run someone over and kill them then that is involuntary manslaughter.
If you plan to surprise your wife by coming home early and find her having sex with your best friend and kill him on the spot then that is voluntary manslaughter which is legally worse than involuntary but legally not as bad as murder.
I think by the law what she did was voluntary manslaughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawlmaster12344
it's these people that are the reason people who want to have kids need to take an IQ test, this woman sounds really stupid.
|
I'm not saying she is not stupid or that people shouldn't be tested before they are allowed to reproduce or raise children (at least tested as much as we test drivers) but smart people can be violent and crazy too.
|
My Signature |
|
06-23-2011, 10:31 AM
|
#14
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Two murders were made: the TV (by accident) and the poor boy (on purpose). A horrible day for justice!
|
My Signature |
|
MEGAMAN ZERO 5 See It. Play it. Love It.
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
|
#15
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
This is probably what happened: the 5 year old was playing a wii game, and then the wii remote flew out of his hands and...CRASH!!! The mom comes in and sees the broken TV. Mom: GASP!! (the mom then starts assaulting the boy) (SMACK) (PUNCH) Mom: YOU DO NOT BREAK MY TV SCREEN!!!! (SNAP) Boy: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the boy can't even speak because of lack of breath, and then dies.) man, that is just sad...if I was the husband, I would falcon punch her in the face.
---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------
That woman should be sentenced to 80 years of prison. 
Last edited by Dudebro; 06-23-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Reason: removed a word or two
|
|
|
06-24-2011, 10:52 PM
|
#16
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
I think it's real sad that some crazy woman decides a television is more important than her own kid. People will be screaming for her blood for a long time in my opinion.
|
My Signature |
|
AWOOO!
The Wolf is on the prowl!

06-24-2011, 11:44 PM
|
#17
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
This is already forgotten. It actually never even showed up on the major news sites I check, unless I missed it somehow. It's sad but this is not a big deal to most people. It's just another bad parent and another dead kid. Everyone is focused on that ridiculous case about the mother Casey Anthony who obviously murdered her kid. It's pretty sickening how fascinated people are with this grisly depressing tragedy.
|
My Signature |
|
06-25-2011, 01:19 AM
|
#18
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
The only reason we are hearing of this is because a Wii was involved, if the kid threw a baseball at the t.v. we wouldnt of heard of it. Stuff eaqually as horrible goes on everyday, but they don't have that "Wii" tag. Pathetic on so many levels.
|
My Signature |
|
kong on Bronies:
"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
06-25-2011, 01:35 AM
|
#19
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
To be fair I only heard of this because Tenser linked it. I read the news daily and this story never made it to the headlines I saw. Seems like no one was out to demonize video games this time.
|
My Signature |
|
06-25-2011, 11:53 AM
|
#20
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
That horrendous, the kid was only 5 years old and you kill him because of a
television. I doubt he even understood what he did wrong.
|
My Signature |
|

Remove Pootis
06-25-2011, 10:03 PM
|
#22
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
I just don't see that. Like I said before there's been almost no talk about this so far. I doubt it will suddenly get picked up to bash gaming in general. It's just not sensational enough. If she killed her kid while playing the Wii then we'd be hearing about it.
|
My Signature |
|
06-25-2011, 10:31 PM
|
#23
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
Or killed him with the Wii?
|
My Signature |
|
06-28-2011, 07:43 PM
|
#24
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
I see your point DB, and I have to admit that you're probably right in saying that it's not sensational enough.
Tenser,
Quote:
|
Or killed him with the Wii?
|
I think that would have made front page news all through the N.A.U.
Who did that song from the 80's called Dirty Laundry? - Don Henley?
There's a line in it that goes:
'The bubbleheaded bleach blond comes on at 5
She'll tell you 'bout a plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry ...'
It's sad but true that many people seem to be like that, they seem to consider the suffering of others as entertainment.
Personally I feel others' pain to the extent that it causes me great anxiety and stress - which is part of the reason why I'm so politically outspoken.
|
My Signature |
|
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
 Your new nightmare XXVII:
 
06-29-2011, 12:04 PM
|
#25
|
|
|
Re: Mom kills 5-year-old over broken TV
So it was a life for a TV O.o
|
My Signature |
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
| Thread |
Thread Starter |
Forum |
Replies |
Last Post |
|
Wireless broken?
|
Tails |
Help |
21 |
03-20-2011 10:19 AM |
|
Broken Sword
|
oasis |
Chat |
5 |
03-10-2008 11:15 AM |
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.
|