Retro Uprising
  Home Game Menu Rules and FAQs Forum Community Chat Today's Posts Search Register  
All Other Games Talk about video games we don't have online.
Go Back   Retro Uprising > Video Games > All Other Games

View Poll Results: Silent Hill or Resident Evil?
Silent Hill 8 42.11%
Resident Evil 5 26.32%
Other {please explain} 1 5.26%
I don't like survival-horror 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Silent Hill or Resident Evil

This is a very straightforward question:
Do you prefer Silent Hill or Resident Evil when it comes to survival-horror?

For me, it is Silent Hill, I prefer the more psychological scares and creepy atmosphere that makes even the times where you are safe feel... unsettling.
And I don't like horror that relies on things jumping out of nowhere.

That and I like how the protagonists in Silent Hill games are pretty much all inept at combat, and so your best bet is to just run like hell.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
elrod21's Avatar
Regular Poster
3,678 posts
elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!elrod21 has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
elrod21

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

I like both, but Silent hill does get the edge because of the atmosphere. I always liked the radio too as when it starts making noise it can make you hair stand on end waiting to see what is coming at you.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

DM:
Quote:
For me, it is Silent Hill, I prefer the more psychological scares and creepy atmosphere that makes even the times where you are safe feel... unsettling.
I agree, and that's why I voted for Silent Hill: has there been a creepier town in any game?
Quote:
And I don't like horror that relies on things jumping out of nowhere.
I have to ask you if this includes Pyramid Head.



Like that empty corridor in the basement you walk through, only to have him appear directly behind you from the empty corner you just passed, the time he pops up behind you on the Hospital roof, or how about the room you go into and suddenly there's two Pyramid Heads in there with you!!
Quote:
That and I like how the protagonists in Silent Hill games are pretty much all inept at combat, and so your best bet is to just run like hell.
Most of the game it didn't seem necessary to fight, but I found the game combat to be all about timing, almost like turn - based RPG game battles.
James can kick serious Demon arse once you get that timing down, which you have to do when entering certain buildings.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Demon-Mask's Avatar
 
Demon-Mask

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

But Silent Hill doesn't rely on that kind of scares quite as much, it's not like Resident Evil where every window will be shattered by zombie dogs.

Most of the protagonists can fight if you get the timing down, but the better option is to just run away.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

The lack of combat turned me off to these games. I get it's about realism but if I was really stuck in some evil town I'd stop running after the first demon and start trying to defend myself.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
The lack of combat turned me off to these games. I get it's about realism but if I was really stuck in some evil town I'd stop running after the first demon and start trying to defend myself.
Most games usually provide a reason why the character is pushing forwards though. Even if it is as cliched as SH's "rescuing a loved one" or as detached as RE's "it's my job."
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

No I get that but I'm just not into the tension brought on by seemingly unrealistic character reactions. If you know you're in the middle of some demonic town why keep running away when you know it's not helping?
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Not liking the genre is fine. Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
No I get that but I'm just not into the tension brought on by seemingly unrealistic character reactions. If you know you're in the middle of some demonic town why keep running away when you know it's not helping?
The other option being? You're obviously not just going the shrug you shoulders and say "screw it, I can always have another daughter."
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

DM:
Quote:
But Silent Hill doesn't rely on that kind of scares quite as much, it's not like Resident Evil where every window will be shattered by zombie dogs.
Agreed, the environment provided most of the fright, and I think that's exactly what the programmers were going for.
I remember reading how they were going to make it a lot darker with a far more evil theme, and started to do so when their entire system crashed, which they took as a 'sign' that they needed to tone the game down.
I read it in a gamer magazine.

Resident Evil is another animal, and I still can't even play Veronica X, let alone RE4.

DB:
Quote:
No I get that but I'm just not into the tension brought on by seemingly unrealistic character reactions. If you know you're in the middle of some demonic town why keep running away when you know it's not helping?
I always thought these games are like playing a nightmare, the common kind where you're being surrounded or chased or both by overwhelming forces.
Running away is pretty much your only option most of the time, since they're not set up like a first person shooter where you have lots of ammo {which is practically non - existent in SH and RE} and maybe a bit of cover.
But yeah, not very 'realistic'.

Ten:
Quote:
"screw it, I can always have another daughter."
Or an Other Mother!

My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
Kugyince's Avatar
Gao Gao Gao
Donor
Administrator
13,086 posts
Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Kugyince has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Kugyince

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

In the newest Silent Hill you're not even given weapons. There's no combat, you just have to run for your life. I do want to try that.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #11
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Like you said different strokes, I prefer to fight and defend myself. I don't like games where you have to play nearly helpless victim. If they took your daughter, run towards them.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #12
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
If they took your daughter, run towards them.
In most cases the missing person is lost, not abducted.

I don't play action-horror games because I like to get scared, I play them because I like to get excited. I can't really say a whole lot about Silent Hill since I've only played two games and the second was more combat inclined than the rest, but I like Resident Evil because the games tend to kick your ass on your first time. (mostly just 3, 0, and REmake, all of the others I didn't get enough of a challenge the first time I played them) The real challenge of these type of games should come from your own decisions and rationality, such as picking your battles and managing your health and ammo. You can't even save the game willy-nilly in the lower numbered Resident Evil games.

But I really don't have a favorite. Being a fanboy is silly, if you have the interest and the option, I suggest you rent games from both series. Unfortunately, I'm seeing a lot of rental places going out of business and just can't do that kind of thing anymore.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #13
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
In most cases the missing person is lost, not abducted.
I know I meant instead of running away from stuff go forward aggressively. Either way it doesn't matter I'm just not into this genre. I've played a few over the years but the survival part(no ammo, running, hiding) never really worked for me.

Quote:
I don't play action-horror games because I like to get scared, I play them because I like to get excited.
I get that way about really good rpgs and shadowrun. If I'm still playing SR in 20 years or so I'll probably drop dead of a heart attack from the stress on my heart.

Last edited by Dudebro; 02-13-2011 at 10:28 PM..
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #14
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

DB:
Quote:
If I'm still playing SR in 20 years or so I'll probably drop dead of a heart attack from the stress on my heart.
Anti - game groups would have a field day with that one.
Finally, the proof they've been looking for!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Proof that high intensity games might give an old man a heart attack? Not exactly the smoking gun they've been looking for.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:08 AM   #16
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Proof that high intensity games might give an old man a heart attack? Not exactly the smoking gun they've been looking for.
Some times DB, it's all about having an argument that you can't lose at.
( Click to show/hide )
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:40 AM   #17
Slime Slayer's Avatar
Regular Poster
11,177 posts
Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Slime Slayer has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Slime Slayer

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

I got pretty turned off the genre from the get go, it kinda fell somewhere between Maniac Mansion and Contra, but didnt have enough of either. The Maniac Mansion elements were limited to basic switch flipping, and collecting keys or whatever, and the Contra elements were limited to unloading on your enemies and retreating if you run out of ammo. The genre also never scared me, whitch I can only assume is it's main draw. Another thing that annoyed me were the camera cuts, all they did was interupt the game. I'm sure they have come a long way since Resident Evil 2 and Dino Crisis, I just never had the urge to revisit them.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
kong on Bronies:

"Of the 75% that are straight I would bet at least 10% would rather have a cheeseburger than a girlfriend."
Old 02-14-2011, 10:40 AM   #18
Josephjo's Avatar
 
Josephjo

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudebro View Post
Like you said different strokes, I prefer to fight and defend myself. I don't like games where you have to play nearly helpless victim. If they took your daughter, run towards them.
Not played that one. It looks good

( Click to show/hide )
"Whatchu talkin' bout Wesker?
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #19
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Oh Jojo you funny little muppet. Btw I doubt that bike shop owner will mess with him now.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:32 PM   #20
jim5cents's Avatar
 
jim5cents

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Clock Tower would get my vote.

I get what DB is saying about defending yourself, but in that case, survival turns into how many shotgun shells you can find.

In Clock Tower, the bad guy can't be physically overpowered by the good guy, so you have to outsmart, hide, and have a little bit of luck in order to survive.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #21
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

DB:
Quote:
old man
You'se still a youngun.
I bet you don't even have gray eyebrow hairs yet.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #22
Dudebro's Avatar
MY TITLE IS RED!
26,068 posts
Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!Dudebro has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
Dudebro

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

@JG- If I wasn't so vain I'd post a pic of my extensive gray hairs. To be fair though I've been going gray since I was 18 though.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM   #23
RU Joe's Avatar
Regular Poster
4,906 posts
RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!RU Joe has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
RU Joe

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Alright, we'll accept you into the club, then.
Congratulations, you are now a member of the old fart club!
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote
Scanty and Kneesocks with Otto Nightmare Team presents:
Your new nightmare XXVII:
( Click to show/hide )

The sudden realization you'd been doing something wrong without knowing it, then hoping it's not too late to fix it.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #24
samejamesbond's Avatar
Regular Poster
5,191 posts
samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!samejamesbond has earned the ear of the admin. Watch yourself!
View Stats
 
samejamesbond

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

I prefer Resident Evil to Silent Hill because Resident Evil has more action.

But if I had to pick my favorite survival horror game, Dino Crisis 2 was outstanding.
My SignatureDisplay Signature Reply With Quote

Remove Pootis
Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
DrunkN's Avatar
 
DrunkN

Re: Silent Hill or Resident Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim5cents View Post
Clock Tower would get my vote.

I get what DB is saying about defending yourself, but in that case, survival turns into how many shotgun shells you can find.

In Clock Tower, the bad guy can't be physically overpowered by the good guy, so you have to outsmart, hide, and have a little bit of luck in order to survive.
I wouldn't quite put Clock Tower in the same group as it really is more of an adventure horror as opposed to a survival horror. Gameplay wise, it's more about mapping out your events rather than trying to actually do them. Silent Hill and Resident Evil are much different in the fact that the challenge lies more heavily on keeping yourself alive rather than avoiding dangerous situations.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Resident Evil 4 samejamesbond Reviews 21 03-01-2010 12:07 PM
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories TrakMastaTom All Other Games 1 12-20-2009 10:11 AM
Resident evil 5 mj23 All Other Games 32 04-28-2009 04:59 PM
Silent Hill: Homecoming problem xfighter1138 All Other Games 0 03-27-2009 04:40 PM
Resident Evil 4 Tagen All Other Games 10 08-18-2007 02:55 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.

» vBadvanced CMPS